Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people, I have a R33 GTST and I was just wondering, since the snow and ice came along I have been using the wifes TD4 Freelander to get to work ( not through choice !! ) , Has anyone been using their Skylines in the snow ? , I tried it once but found that any amount of throttle was too much !!
let me know how you,ve been getting on !!
Oh and by the way.. Have a bloody good christmas !!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Seen a nice blue skyline passing me.. Driving very slow.. I guess youd be fine driving slow.. But youd be fecked if you was to go uphill.. I had to get out and push a few FWD/RWD cars uphill, lol.. As other lazy ****s were just staring

Have a gooden matey.. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
979 Posts
I use my 33 gtst in any weather but have lots of problems in snow slide everywhere tho it can be fun :)

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
I havn't driven mine because the front suspension isn't right at the moment. When we had snow at the beginning of the year I drove all the way the isle of wight, round it, back again with no problems.......ok i did get stuck 3ft from my drive when I got back but that's not the point lol.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
driving tonight it got a bit hairy mine is an auto and in third it was drifting uphill on the A3 lol
that would be your right foot planted to the floor causing that, hair gel rubber

·
Registered
145 Posts
I still got my R888's on and had to use it as there was no other car available... drove it slowly... not as bad as people had scared me. Drive it slowly and should be fine.

P.S. 417Atw doesn't help much in this weather lol.

·
2,693 Posts
I still got my R888's on and had to use it as there was no other car available... drove it slowly... not as bad as people had scared me. Drive it slowly and should be fine.

P.S. 417Atw doesn't help much in this weather lol.
Your a brave man, I hate the toyo's i've go on. Can't wait to change these shoes lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Your a brave man, I hate the toyo's i've go on. Can't wait to change these shoes lol
Must admit... when the summer was here i couldn't get enough of the Toyo's... But i'll be crazy to buy another set once these are worn! :nutkick:

·
2,693 Posts
Must admit... when the summer was here i couldn't get enough of the Toyo's... But i'll be crazy to buy another set once these are worn! :nutkick:
Don't blame you, when I found it was toyo's that were coming on the alloys i was getting i was quite excited because I thought they were ment to be good :nutkick: I'll stay firmly as a dunlop boy, know what i'm getting then.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cefiro, not Skyline, but the same powertrain as an R32 GTS-4.

Wish I had something other than Eagle F1s on there though! Also found out that the front diff is an open diff. Anyone know if a rear LSD will go on the front? Managed to end up with 3 wheels spinning and 1 stationary at one point.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Drove mine to Manchester from Scotland. Not the most sensble of choices. It's so icey it drifts 10-15 miles per hour. Uphill is the worst drifts and drifts and drifts. On normal roads 15 miles per hour is acheived. You feel like on Top Gear when you've doing a challenge wrong and it's holding up the traffic :funny:

The best part is when they can see you drifting and they slow down thinking it's very slippery not knowing it's RWD :funny:

Upside is when you hit the motorway then you can hit 50mph woohoo!!!!

Just be very carful if you do decide to take it and leave atleast a couple of hours earlier :funny:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cefiro, not Skyline, but the same powertrain as an R32 GTS-4.

Wish I had something other than Eagle F1s on there though! Also found out that the front diff is an open diff. Anyone know if a rear LSD will go on the front? Managed to end up with 3 wheels spinning and 1 stationary at one point.
Now that deserves an award! LOL.:funny:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Spun a 360 in mine in the snow because of some [email protected] that didn't know how to drive in snow, he jammed on his brakes, somehow got traction and left me to avoid planting it in his ass!! That was when I first got it too, needless to say she hasn't seen the road any winter since!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
For getting stuck? or for managing to get unstuck?

It's the problem when your GF is a photographer, likes taking night time countryside pics, and drives a 250bhp S13 200SX

Still the results were worth it, I think.

At least I didn't end up like this guy:

That's his bumper in the foreground of my first picture. Too fast down the hill and that bridge is on a nice bend.

·
Registered
145 Posts
WHOA! Dude you deserve like an oscar for making it up that place in 1 piece lol.
And the other guy... not a good start to xmas eh!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Indeed not. Both airbags had deployed and there were footprints going away. Never found anybody, so I hope they at least made it home.

Pictures were all taken on or near this bridge on Monday night. It's March falls, near Pontsticil which some of the Welshies might know. :)

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
amazing number plate Lum or did u white out some letters hahaa

·
Registered
211 Posts
No editing, just a ridiculously powerful flash. Much more powerful than that used in speed cameras (you can use it to illuminate a building 55 metres away in total darkness). Means that that part of the image was massively overexposed compared to the relative darkness of everything else.

The plates are a bit weird for a different reason. Mine are backlit ones front and rear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts