Skyline Owners Forum banner

481 - 500 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
I all fits together like the standard one so it's straight forward.
I went for the braided lines as well.
It pulls well but mine was under powered from what I was expecting it only did 337bhp but my tuner thinks it was my coil packs holding it back.
I'll have to put my dyno print up.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
That doesn't sound right. How is your CAS sensor? I put a 200cel sports cat on it and it lost loads of power. Stock cat back on and it was right back up.

Should be making alot more than that, even in stock power

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well they did say CAS could be the issue but I wasn't sure.
How could I test it?
Or buy one from?
Yep I was expecting more as I've got all the right parts to make it work as it should

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Well they did say CAS could be the issue but I wasn't sure.
How could I test it?
Or buy one from?
Yep I was expecting more as I've got all the right parts to make it work as it should
direct from nissan or maybe autoextreme. i got mine from kudosmotorsport. not cheap though

your tuner should be able to tell if its going/gone when its on the dyno(based on the timing etc / graphs)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well he did say I had some sort of interference holding it back from either my CAS or coil packs so was thinking of going down the trigger kit route

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
Update: 28/05/2018 - Hybrid is here!

Update: 28/05/2018 - Hybrid is here!

Took a while to get here but its here. It came with the fitting kit(2x coolant & 1x oil braided lines, gaskets, new turbo studs & even an oil filled syringe to help prime). I now have 90% of the required parts to install. Missing a 90 degree silicone reducer elbow.

Stock setup has a metal elbow but hybrid doesn't. Here lies the problem. my custom IC piping is 63mm in diameter and hybrid turbo IC outlet is 53mm in diameter. Do you think i can find a suitable sized pipe? hell no!

I can find 63mm >>> 51mm but not 53mm. Have a few more places to check before plan B would be to get a 90 degree bend welded to it to suit.

Still not settled on who will tune. getting some fairly hefty prices for install and mapping so looking further afield this time around but will see. Alot of things to consider.

In other non-exciting news, new lambda sensor and drivers side wiper arm fitted.

Can't wait to get it all fitted, will be a question of where & when once I can find this silicone reducer elbow

As always, stay tuned. Anyway some pics

·
Registered
577 Posts
I never actually measured it I just phoned them and told them what I had and I got the fitting kit with the intake hose and turbo elbow

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Si, measure the outlet neck not the hose bead. the bead is what the clamp and hose rest against once tight.

Looking at where you have measured it, that will be 51mm which will be the perfect fit for it, and you've already located that elbow.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Si, measure the outlet neck not the hose bead. the bead is what the clamp and hose rest against once tight.

Looking at where you have measured it, that will be 51mm which will be the perfect fit for it, and you've already located that elbow.
good point niz. how tough would it be for 51mm sized pipe to be squished over the 53mm lip?

I ordered a cheapy 90 degree reducer elbow from ebay to test fit before i get something fancy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Si it was a 63mm to 51mm elbow I fitted to mine, diameter was perfect but had to trim the leg length to clear power steering reservoir bought it from Auto silicone hose.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Si it was a 63mm to 51mm elbow I fitted to mine, diameter was perfect but had to trim the leg length to clear power steering reservoir bought it from Auto silicone hose.
Do you have some pics of yours as mine sits really close to the PAS reservoir and was considering moving it further around

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
good to know Damo, thank you. How is yours running? what power you make?

do you need it to be NOMEX lined?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i dont have it mapped for that turbo yet, 13th of june is mapping day
Cant even start it at the moment with the new injectors and 24-1 cas wheel installed

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
i dont have it mapped for that turbo yet, 13th of june is mapping day
Cant even start it at the moment with the new injectors and 24-1 cas wheel installed
oh great, looking forward to seeing your results! you may have said it before but who is mapping?

·
Registered
30 Posts
AP performance is mapping it
It will be interesting to see the bhp figure as im running aquamist as well to make up for our crappy fuel

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
AP performance is mapping it
It will be interesting to see the bhp figure as im running aquamist as well to make up for our crappy fuel
he has done a few RBs lately. is he fitting it all as well?

Richard Bradley up north sees slightly lower numbers with our 95ron but says with an open mouth elbow, it is quite responsive with no boost issues. i believe recommended boost pressure is 1.2bar

so maybe a low of 0.9bar then high boost is 1.2bar if you are doing it that way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive heard Bradly is renowned for rb,s.No I've fitted and wired everything myself I have to start a build thread 1 of these days have the car nearly 4 years?
Ya those are around the boost pressures I was thinking (std. Head gasket) hopfully being able to advance timming more than I could with petrol alone.
It's a japspeed all in 1bellmouth downpipe I have i hope it will flow sufficiently.

481 - 500 of 517 Posts