Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name's Eoin & I'm from Sligo.

Here to learn as much as I can on the 2.0 non turbo skyline before I purchase...(96 R33 model -130bhp I think).

I'm new to Nissan's, new to Skylines & new this forum.....

I've been driving a beams celica for the past few years but that car is now gone.

Have a van for work so it's not an everyday car I'm after. I know the ruinning costs of a 2.0 ltr in Ireland.

Test drove a 96 gts 2.0 non turbo & really liked it. So I'm currently using the search feature to find buying guide tips on what to look for...

I'm sure I'll post alot more once purchased....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello & Welcome :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome along Eoin. One piece of advice I can give you though, go out and get a test drive in a turbo R33 first cos you WILL want one. If the 2.5 engine is too much of a killer on tax maybe consider an R32 Gts-t. Mine was running 300bhp on the RB20 motor (now close to 400 with the RB25 that fell into the engine bay recently):dogpile: Great car and they are rarer than the R33 over here

·
3,402 Posts
Hi
Are you single?
Why yes I am thanks for asking :p

@eoin am yes but as long as your not selling it in here because ya can't sell if you have less tgan 100 posts

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Cheers, Deffo not selling it....Went & looked at another today...was very tempted but going with my head & going to buy the white one above tomorrow....After weighing the 2 up I think I'll be happier with it. (fingers crossed)

All going well you'll have a new west member tomorrow...I'm from Sligo & living on the border with Mayo. In Westport & Castelbar most weekends.

·
keep it side ways
1,413 Posts
welcome along lad.

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
Welcome to the site.

You may regret buying a 2.0 non turbo in the long run but if its for financial reasons then i'm sure its the right decision. Its a skyline afterall :)

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cheers for the welcome folks. I made the purchase! So offically a skyline owner. I couldn't afford to buy & insure a turbo'd one at this time. Everyone has to start somewhere & better than having none at all. Near impossible to insure these here now (Tried over 25 companies & only 1 would)

Hope to make future meets if non turbo'd members are allowed...

Anyone know the car? 96 D 62771 (Believe it has been around Dublin/Longford & Castlebar in the past & has had plenty of owners since imported in 2006)

Is the Ireland forum always this quite, are there really not many active Irish owners here?

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Had the car out for a good spin over the wkend was in Donegal (Buncrana)

Happy with the fuel consumption too, not worked it out but the needle didn't drop too quickly.

Got a new powerflow backbox fitted by Callaghan's of Burt while I was up there. Old was just oo noisey & attracting the wrong kind of attention.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts