Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have put every things back on the car today. include dash, seat, SF coil pack.....
turn the key, it start straight away, let it warn up a bit than take it out for a drive.
the mis fire is totally gone, thanks for the Sf coil pack. but i find the car is not as fast as it should, than i have a good look around. i found the speedo clock design to playing up.
i got all the reading, include oil pressure, turbo boost, rev count, but just dont have speed reading.
i did follow the instruction to change it show (read) MPH from KM, and i'm sure i did put all 3 plugs black to the back of it.
my question is, if the clock not showing the speed, will affect the car performance? i.e. the ECU did not get any speed data than put the car to safe mode ??
many thank you

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Possible boost leak from where u removed the top hose?
What does it Idle like?
The dials make no difference as the car will drive fine with them completely removed ;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a good look on all the piping. and try tight them up, took the AFM out and clean it up. now the car feels better, pull harder, but still feel there some restriction after 5k rev. it feels like the exhaust have been block. i still got +7 reading on the boost gauge and hold there, so i think i have solve the boost leak. and i have look under the car, i found i have a after market down pipe, and an exhaust system, it looks like a HKS one. but it have a "cat" or de-cat" build in to the system, it looks like one-pices made, cant find and "join" with 2 bolts on (if you know what i mean) so by the look of the exhaust system, i dont think i have a cat than can restrict the high rev range.
any other ideal what is going on?
many thank you

·
Registered
886 Posts
Not sure about the speed issue, but check that all the links (that need cutting) are cut properly. When i did the conversion mod to my speedo, it didn't work afterwards. I took it out and needed a magnifying glass to see that one of the links was not quite cut. Made sure it was cut the second time round and they've been fine ever since.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure about the speed issue, but check that all the links (that need cutting) are cut properly. When i did the conversion mod to my speedo, it didn't work afterwards. I took it out and needed a magnifying glass to see that one of the links was not quite cut. Made sure it was cut the second time round and they've been fine ever since.
ok, which one you talking about? the "adj" 1-9 or PESL ?
i do have a problem when cut the pesl, after i iron and clean it, i still find they are connected, un-like the adj 1-9 you can see they are separate after you iron and clean.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have a good drive it again. the power is come on and off. some time it pull hard and some time its not. but even when its pull hard, i still feel there is restriction, its just feel like i have a APEXI exhaust control valve fitted and all the way close.
i think is the AFM and the boost pipe playing up. tomorrow will rid them all off and fitted again. also will take out the exhaust and try to find the " restriction " cause.

other things is i found the number 6 cylinder's exhaust gasket is blowing !! and there looks " wet " and it is oil . why is this happen? piston oil ring or valve oil seal?
i cant see what happen from the exhaust when i floor the car. so dont know is there any oil goes to the exhaust.
thank you very much

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
could be as easy as a slipping clutch,
but i would check the compretion of ech cylinder sounds like piston rings...
you drive a oil catch tank? if the tank is filling up with oil faster then usual then its probably the ring/s

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could be as easy as a slipping clutch,
but i would check the compretion of ech cylinder sounds like piston rings...
you drive a oil catch tank? if the tank is filling up with oil faster then usual then its probably the ring/s
no, i dont have an catch tank. the oil can only be see in the number 6 cylinder exhaust gasket.

i did tight up all the pipe again this morning.:minigun:
the car runs better and better. but the funny things is still feel no speed when the engine is cold, after a warm up, the power is bit better.

what i'm going to do is tomorrow i will take out the exhaust and the manifold off. first to check the gasket and try find where the oil from, hope its from the rocket cover, 2 is to check the exhaust, i really hop i can find a cat, than it can be explain eveythings.
thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
have you checked with diagnostics it sounds like a knock sensor issue.they are designed to cut power at high revs if any vibration is picked up in the engine

·
Registered
55 Posts
the rb25 has two knock sensors, they are green in colour and screw into the block under the inlet manifold and are there to protect your engine. when they detect any unusual vibrations in the engine it basically tells the ecu to retard the timing at the top end to prevent high revving damaging the internals, often something as simple as dirty or low grade fueling can cause this and the fault just needs to be errased and you are good to go. a good diagnostics for jap cars will tell you and you can do a flight record on some systems which will tell you exactly whats happening on a test run

·
Registered
886 Posts
ok, which one you talking about? the "adj" 1-9 or PESL ?
i do have a problem when cut the pesl, after i iron and clean it, i still find they are connected, un-like the adj 1-9 you can see they are separate after you iron and clean.
That's your problem with the speedo then. It was PESL that was still connected on mine. I used a sharp knife to make sure that the link was completely severed. That should bring your speedo back to life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts