Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sparco steering wheel and boss kit to fit to my car but there are driver & passanger airbags in the car. The car is a R33 GTS-t Series 1. Once the new steering wheel is fitted obviously the airbag light will stay on (so i'll take the bulb out) and the passanger airbag probably won't work. I was talking to a mate about this and he said that it could cause the engine management light to come on and could cause problems?? or is this just with newer cars??:confused:

I wanted to fit it myself but there's a lot more to it than I thought. I rang the shop i bought it from and they won't fit it because it's 4 wheel steering and you need a "special tool" which has to be ordered from Japan:confused:

I'm totally confused here....any help appreciated!!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the sparco boss wont fit on to your car unless you delete the hicas at the same time as the airbag,the hicas has a slipring(fitted to the top of the steering columb) with a bit that sticks out and fits into the wheel boss,the sparco one wont have this

also to note is that the slipring for cars with hicas and an airbag is totaly different from the hicas and non airbag one

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the sparco boss wont fit on to your car unless you delete the hicas at the same time as the airbag,the hicas has a slipring(fitted to the top of the steering columb) with a bit that sticks out and fits into the wheel boss,the sparco one wont have this

also to note is that the slipring for cars with hicas and an airbag is totaly different from the hicas and non airbag one
Thanks for the info. So i'll need a HICAS lock bar of some sort then??

Nice avatar by the way!!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
he he thanks,i find it mesmerising

if you dont want to have to worry about the hicas to fit a wheel its probably easier to put a lock bar in than source the right boss,it seems to be very hard to get a hicas+airbag boss for some reason,a few people have still ended up with the wrong boss after ordering from japan and waiting,a lock bar is about £60,job done

as for the airbag light its normal to be able to put a resistor across the airbag plug terminals to keep the light out on the dash(and leave the passenger airbag functional),i dont know what value is needed for nissans though ive only ever done it with bmw airbags
im sure someone else will know though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts