Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waited ages for rising sun to get my car sorted, after havin a day off work waiting to collect i was told it was being taken for a test drive.

so went to my train station and just as i was gtin on the train i got a phone call, the car run fine. but my carbon bonnet flew up and smashed my windscreen and dented the roof.

waiting for a call back. apparently the catch snapped off the bonnet.

now what???????? im absolutly bloody raging!!!! fkin sick of never beening able to drive the car i spent almost 10k on and had it on the road 10 months of 2years owning it. cant even fkin sell it.

this is after the water pump exploded on the dyno wreckin the radiator, then the clutch needing changing, it went in for an intercooler.

someone give me some reason not to burn the f**kin thing

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Mate SO SO sorry sh!t does happen. Insurance should fix it depending on damage, Sure RSP can sort something out ;) heard their good guys

·
Registered
939 Posts
dude sounds like you have had some really bad luck! you can join my crew!!! new engines n turbos :D i have the worse luck in the world! hope everything gets sorted asap for u tho!

·
Terry
2,010 Posts
Just think of the pleasure you WILL get when you eventually get to drive it again, hopefully not an anticlimax. Seems like you have had nought but bad luck, some cars are like that. I had a merc and I warned it that I was not going to spend another penny on it, when the indicator stalk packed up that was it the car went....hello skyline.... and apart from the mods I have done I have spent nothing on this car. yippeeee, your luck will change...

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bad luck isnt the word. im payin a fortune to tax and insure it and got a massive bill for the work thats been done the last year. got my motorbike smashed up im being messed about with the insurance.
windscreens are rare as anything for r34s, someone was lookin for one on here for 6months!! plus bonnet plus roof repairs.
feels like everything is spinning, i cant remember when i was this angry

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate. I have had quite a bit of trouble with the Skyline I have now, and everytime I used to think is it really worth it. I came to the decision that once I had it back, if it caused me any more problems then I would just sell it. It is only a car, and if it's causing you alot of stress then maybe think about getting something else when you eventually get the car back. Good luck with it all bud.

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
you have no idea the stress and S*IT i have been thro with this car.
I fully understand mate. Exact same thing happened to mine. Carbon bonnet flew up, smashed the windscreen and damaged the roof. My roofs still got its "Nismo vent" dent on it Lol.
Windscreen shouldn't be a big problem as my insurance got one in a week for me.

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its another week tho, its already been over a month.
should the car have even been driven on the road by the garage?
i know alot of people praise them but this needs to be sorted regardless and i want my car back

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Well this is another area they should have traders insurance so they can drive your car on the road. Should mean their insurance will cover the repairs! ;)

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
its another week tho, its already been over a month.
should the car have even been driven on the road by the garage?
i know alot of people praise them but this needs to be sorted regardless and i want my car back
Speak to them and find out what went on. If you had power upgrades put on I guess road testing is the only way to properly test it.
Nothing else I can say about the stress though..... I know how bad it is when something like this happens.

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not havin a go at anyone here, sorry but im so so angry and everyones gettin some of it. im not slaggin anyone off or their company. stuff does happen, but theres only so much i can take befor i start gettin wound up. we all have boiling points. im venting and lookin for you guys to help chill me down a bit.

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Mate, I think we've all been there. You sound like you need time for it to all calm down and to start enjoying the car, at the moment its nothing but agro. We've all considered buying a Corsa and stop spending silly money on these cars. I'm there myself really. I've spent about 8k+ on it I recon. When I go to the Ring this year, it better not break !!!
Last time I went it blew a manifold gasket, I've never been so fed up I dont think. I moaned at RSP to get me a kit over to Germany, the whole thing turned into massive agro, no-ones fault really, these things just happen. But it got resolved in the end, it will improve mate.

Having said that, my mate with an RX-7 which had been in his garage with a blown engine for the best part of 18 months, paid 10k to get it sorted, it took probably 6 - 9 months to sort it what with one thing and another, in the end once he got it back he just got shot of it, he had just fallen out of love with it and had better things to spend his money on. You need to seriously assess it when the dust settles, right now its all just **** and you can't be arsed anymore. I would have kept the RX-7 myself to get some use out of it, but from what I can tell he doesn't miss it at all, it was more of a track car to be fair and was hard work to drive on the road.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
After nearly seven years and several stressfests with the car, every incident is an chance for improvement, and the results are always worth it.

I know that the previous sentence is **** all help right now, but do not quit.

Talk to RSP, and if you or they are having problems with the R34 GTT windscreen, give Abbey a call. They have several for the various types in stock, and definately have the contacts to find you one.

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
After nearly seven years and several stressfests with the car, every incident is an chance for improvement, and the results are always worth it.

I know that the previous sentence is **** all help right now, but do not quit.

Talk to RSP, and if you or they are having problems with the R34 GTT windscreen, give Abbey a call. They have several for the various types in stock, and definately have the contacts to find you one.

Good advice mate. We really have all been there.

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
il let them know about abby thanks. even if i sold my car it wont clear my debts off and il be left with no car. its a loose loose situation.
everything has turned to sh*t for me recently and i really am at the end of my teather.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts