Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
... so good! I've had the GTST just over a week now, everything running smoothly with exception to a couple of niggles that I'm getting sorted out.

Niggle 1: GTR spoiler has not been well fitted over in Japan, I think there are some fitment holes under the spoiler that have been left unplugged, so if you pour a fair bit of water over the boot (like when washing the car) then it pours straight in to the boot :swear: Off to the bodyshop on Thursday :D

Niggle 2: Crunch going into 4th Gear. When I got the car, it was happening consistantly when shifting into 4th at 60mph. Now it seems to be doing it later at about 80mph instead :confused: . This is probably the most worrying niggle... hope it doesn't mean new gear box time... but it is under warranty :) My mechanic friend is gonna drain the oil for me and take a look to see if anything obvious is wrong. Not sure what I do from there :uhoh:

Niggle 3: The Final Niggle!: Odometer is 'stuck'. So I've not clocked up any miles over the last week :D But in the long term this can only be a bad thing. Getting it sorted in a day or two.

So far I've not done a great deal to the car. First thing I did was replace the HKS mushroom filter with an Apexi Power Intake. Also fitted some little cosmetic things like HKS oil cap, HKS rad cap, smoked indicator lenses etc.

Tonight, I'm gonna fit my nice new Mr Gaitor gaitors from Ebay :bounce: And am also going to have a go at fitting the grounding kit I got too :bigthumb:

Still waiting on the stereo cage being returned to me from the importer and then I can fit my stereo in too and finally have some music on while I'm driving :p

As soon as I've done these few bits, I'll be taking some piccies and post them up here for your satisfaction :D :drivin:

EDIT; Sorry but no selling till you have reached 50 posts:nono: Thanks Richard.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
RE: crunch
Draining the old oil and replacing with decent gearbox oil may be all it takes to cure it. But get it done quick so you have time to get it back under warrantry if it doesnt sort it.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: crunch
Draining the old oil and replacing with decent gearbox oil may be all it takes to cure it.
Already got Silkolene Syn5 75w-90 on order from Opie :wave: Will change the Diff oil with this too seeing as the car will be up on a ramp ;)

Thanks for response - I really hope that's all it takes :wave:

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
I dont want to worry you but niggle number 3 could mean that it has been clocked, although from what i hear very few cars leave japan without being clocked.... if it is all sound mechanicly i wouldent worry about it too much,

the crunch, get the oil changed and i expect it will go, i had the same problem with mine, (although mine still does it if changing at v high revs in 4th, simple answer is not to change too high!)

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont want to worry you but niggle number 3 could mean that it has been clocked
LOL - any sentance that starts with
I dont want to worry you but
is almost guaranteed to worry the recipient! :p

The BIMTA certificate is all good as far as I can tell, and it was in km when it was shipped over. I'm the first UK owner so it's just been converted. The importer reckons the clocks have just got stuck during the conversion process. Gonna give them a tweak and see if I can get them turning again basically. Again, all under warranty.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Fill it with Redline Heavyweight Shockproof Synthetic Gear Oil, i brought mine from here as they were the cheapest http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300048492400&rd=1,1
mine use to crunch under hard excelleration into 5th and a bit down shifting into 1st, 2nd and 3rd once i put this in it all stopped. your need 5 bottles.
Mine started doing this on the Nurburg ring. I thought it was just me then Jules started doing it. So time to change teh oil then

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Trust me guys the redline all the way, do a search on here and you'll see what i mean by how good it is and rated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... Niggle 1: GTR spoiler has not been well fitted over in Japan, I think there are some fitment holes under the spoiler that have been left unplugged, so if you pour a fair bit of water over the boot (like when washing the car) then it pours straight in to the boot :swear: Off to the bodyshop on Thursday :D

Niggle 1 under control :D As suspected, the GTR spoiler is a different fit to the standard GTS spoiler. When the spoiler was removed, there were open holes from where the standard spoiler had been! The fitter of teh GTR spoiler had little in the way of brain it would seem and didn't think to plug the holes that would no longer be in use :disappointed:

That's one problem sorted anyway :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts