Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How about a skylineowners radio station that people can tune into?

A simple shoutcast server? something that the dj's can contribute to?

There could be a SO-FM DJ rank and they can dj on the radio?

Just a thought

Andy

·
Chris
460 Posts
ive ran internet radio stations before. costs money in bandwidth and royalties. never paid royalties so thats why ive stopped doing it!

im quite happy to contribute though. music wise of course, not money, thats what the skyline is for!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A radio station for skylineowners would be brilliant.. To Save money we
could just play Loow Riiiderr 24/7:smoker::smoker::):)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
In order to save money this radio will only play 24hrs worth of me singing 'Happy Birthday' :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, well..

I can get discount Shoutcast servers with high bandwith etc.

Worst comes to worst.. we can make a dynamic link to show if the station is online, and whoever is djing host the server (if they're familiar with port forwarding)

if not, I'm sure I can pull a few strings with some friends, and get them to run a shoutcast server on there box.

I will be more than happy contributing music/money wise to see this idea go through.

Andy

·
Chris
460 Posts
how about i host the server temporarily to judge its popularity. more than happy to do it.

although theres loads of internet radio stations out there im sure arent paying royalties, id love to know who needs paying how much and what for.

·
Chris
460 Posts
have you got any experience with shoutcast?

Andy
Me? Yes, loads.

Seems like there are 3 companies you need to pay royalties to. Just one of them is over £170 per year.

There are companies out there who will let you pay a "blanket" fee to them that pays all the proper people. Havent came accross a UK one yet though.

Now that AAC encoding is working properly you can get 4 or more listeners for the same broadcast in MP3 format. Prices should have dropped then i hope.

·
Chris
460 Posts
because its not the responsibility of the server owner. its the broadcasters. hosting company couldnt give a monkeys.

·
Chris
460 Posts
suprisingly i havent got a recording of him! feel free to send me one!

you should be able to hear bob marley though....

·
Chris
460 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts