Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And after a 3 weeks with a garage that couldn't provide a quote I got a quote for 10000 euro. This is for a car I bought for 15000 euro. Today I talked to my insurance company.
They said it's your choice, we can repair it in Ireland, haul it to Sweden and have it repaired here (this would cost them about 2000 euro more) or we can buy it from you, if we buy it you get a bit over 20000 euro.

Now I know what you think but no, I asked them to repair it for me in Ireland. I love my car, and not even 5000 euro will convince me to let them buy it from me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
watch what you reply with , as insurance company's, monitor these sites.
cant see why its that much tho , unless you twisted the chassis .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ive Never Heard Of A Repair Bill That High Im Surprised The Car Isn't Written Off

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's not much damage to see.
Hey, I'm just saying I'm happy as hell I thought they were gonna write it off, and as I've said, they know how much I paid for it. And the insurance does cover me as I wasn't playing around with it.
The info I got from garage is driveshaft and steering column.

The other damage that I know about (and they have confirmed) is coilovers, some arms/rods for the wheel and then 1 alloy of course.

they are bad quality cam pics.
sitting low
even worse
nooo
directly taken

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, according to the garage (I hope they are using new stuff for this quote) is abit over 7600 euro just for parts.

ru': The reason for Sweden is that I had it on a importer insurance since I was planning on taking it over there. 657 euro in excess... well a bit better than the 4000 euro excess I'm being quoted in Ireland.

Just because of the way my insurance company treated me this time I'm gonna move my quad over to them (already have another car and a summer house with them so).

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
...ru': The reason for Sweden is that I had it on a importer insurance since I was planning on taking it over there. 657 euro in excess... well a bit better than the 4000 euro excess I'm being quoted in Ireland....
4000 Euro? :eek: 675 is bad enough...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts