Skyline Owners Forum banner

So many options!

767 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MYDR34M 
#1 ·
Hey guys so looking into buying a skyline soon and just had to get some input. I was looking at a beautiful gtt already decked out with a decently modded rb25 but then I found out about the GT4 so I looked into buying one of those. I found one for way cheaper than the gtt and now I'm interested in buying it because of the all wheel drive. Also cause its bone stock and unmolested. Now my next questions are how difficult is it to put a turbo on the rb25de sand how drop in is the rb26dett. I have seen only 1 post about the swap for a GT4 but I cannot find that post again and every time I try to look this stuff up nobody has any info on this and I was surprised even YouTube did not have anything, any ideas ?? Just want to get the details before i choose unwisely.

#3 ·
Thats what i thought but i really want AWD and its alot easier to add the turbo then the awd also id be ok keeping it as is and driving it for a while then eventually doing a 26 swap. More just wondering if anyone has info on a turbo add or 26 swap

#4 ·
Nicely modded GTT or an N/A with FWD...have to ask what the attraction of FWD ?

Don't forget that despite being able to transplant an RB26 you will still not get the benefits of the the rest of the RB26 FWD and steer benefits...and no ass out fun.

#5 ·
Where im from theres a lot of fun places to drive with curvy roads and i like the idea of going fast and being grippy then being being slidey. Also its been my dream to own a gtr r34 so sonce theres no way i can get 60 grand i figured i could buy an AWD ENR34 for around 10 grand and build it. Would eventually want rb26 swap it but i might take my time and slowly build a good rb 26 with good parts. Im ok with driving it n/a for the time being but if a turbo add isnt too crazy i wold do it for fun and to be able to get mt hands dirty with it. Also to learn more since i havent worked with rbs yet. For me its more about building it and owning it , i dont plan on racing it in comps just want an r34 for my own enjoyment. Also what did you mean when you said i wont get the steering and fwd fun out of the 26????

#6 ·
Apparently you will still get the Atessa system with the GT4 but you would also need the gearbox and diff from the GTR in order to get the same setup the std gearbox and diff wont be up to GTR power input...good luck finding the engine and gearbox though...and the GTR control electronics are also needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.