Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flat battery this morning. been needing one for about a week. So took a 20 minute hike to halfords, 20 minutes back again with battery, so i was now knackered and hot. Considering halfords were adament this battery would fit, I thought i was quite polite on the phone on realising it didnt. Partly my fault as i should have really checked the terminal size. Anyway, jumped my crap one off the new one and took it back. Then i didnt have my receipt and the till boy didnt recognise me. I had only been gone about an hour and it was a quiet sunday morning. getting annoyed by now, the manager realised and said put the refund through. then chose my own battery, the right size to fit this time, but they said the terminals were still too big, so i bought a couple of new terminals to swap too. got it all home, looked at the new battery and its got two pieces of metal around the terminals so they fit all sizes. Grrr. Now got two spare battery terminals knocking about to take back tomorrow. Partly my fault but bloody annoying none the less and a waste of a sunny sunday morning.
And england lost the rugby. rubbish.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it was the one for the UK spec R34 GTR. It looked wrong when i bought it. Dunno why I did really. It was the wrong shape and size, even before looking at terminal size. Stupid on my part really, but just trying to offload some of the blame on to Halfords :rolleyes:

·
Registered Nutcase
820 Posts
I got a heavy duty, Nissan Micra battery from Halfords £44 - went straight in.

Same spec as a GTS-T batt.

Can't remember the part number but it is on here somewhere on a thread I started about batteries.

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts