1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
thats very cool!

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
do you have to have 3d glasses or a 3d monitor to notice the difference? all I can tell is that the pictures on the right look a little sharper.

Great pictures too :)

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have to have 3d glasses or a 3d monitor to notice the difference? all I can tell is that the pictures on the right look a little sharper.

Great pictures too :)
With this format you cross your eyes so your left eye is looking at the right eye etc. I can make red/blue images for coloured glasses but you lose the colours to a degree. Don't know about working on 3D monitors as I don't have one.

The camera doesn't focus as sharply with the left lens as the right and has at least one dead pixel in the left sensor but it wasn't expensive so I can live with it. Think it was about £110 brand new last year (over £400 when they were launched). Does 3D video too.

Thanks for the compliments, I love the green/black/white!

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
^^^ as above and is there some special way of taking them pictures? (ie certain lenses etc etc)

nice pictures tho and lovely engine bay
I can see it after experimenting with different viewing distances. If I sit with my face around 1.2 metres from the screen and go kinda cross eyed, I end up with three images, and the one in the middle is slightly 3D. The 3D effect is greatest in the pic with the bush in the background.

You need to take a few more pics with a shallower depth of field to accentuate the effect.

Ian. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow! That was awsome! Took a while to get focus but after that it looked really, really cool. Never seen something like this before.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously! Is your engine really that clean!
Thanks mate, it took a hell of a lot of time and effort to take it from the rat-infested state it was in (sitting in a barn since 2007) to where it is now. It's not perfect by a looong way but I'm driving a Skyline again! :bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts