Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right im looking into buying a skyline in the very near future and have aprox £3000 to spend. im hoping for a r33 gtst (pref with gtr rear spoiler) and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on problem spots or area's to home in on when viewing a potential car.

i have been told by a few people to view a few cars to and was wondering if there is anyone near the basingstoke (im in odiham) that would possibly take me for a spin in there car, show me around and what to look for also.

and finally i have seen a car on here and wondered what people's opinions are of the auto box on the gtst? is it worth getting one or would i be better off waiting and getting a manual? also any links of potential cars to buy are more than welcome

cheers

·
Seasoned Member
1,952 Posts
I think you'll find most people's preference would be a manual as opposed to auto i know mine is.

i would look at the for sale section on here first bud as you may get some history from owners on the forum for the cars on there, and a better idea on what you'll get for your budget.

Also i would think about how much power you want to start off with and whether you have the funding for improving either as a short or long term project.

only buy when you are 100% comfortable with the choice you make.

good luck bud

·
Registered
451 Posts
I did a poll on here recently to find out manual or auto, and if i remember corractly it came out about 1 in 4 is auto, so they are popular enough, and I wouldn't swap mine !!

best place to start looking is defo on here in the for sale section, most will have been looked after pretty well, and should have a bit of history, even if it is only for the last year or two

best of luck looking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts