Skyline Owners Forum banner

Some pics from russia *warning! traffic!*

Tags
photo
5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  oxmo 
#1 ·
Well.. here are some of my photo works. I'm not a pro and have a cheap camera, but i like to make pics anyway :)

Sooo here we go:
MINI COOPER S

Honda Prelude

Widebody S15 with LS1 V8 swap

VAZ

ZAZ

BBS Wheels

Formula cars (hard to shot them, too fast...)

BMW E36

LEXUS IS

honda Integra DC5

I also have my own photo blog, but i'm not shure if it's legal due forum rules to post link in this topic.

See less See more
#4 ·
Those Ladas are quality. We used to have one when I was a kid. All I remember is not to jump straight in during the height of summer with a pair of shorts on. Those plastic seats get HOT!

I actually really thought about getting one recently, but they seem to have completely disappeared from the country... I heard the Russians took them all back!

#5 ·
All I remember is not to jump straight in during the height of summer with a pair of shorts on. Those plastic seats get HOT!
Hahah))) Yeah, thats true)
I actually really thought about getting one recently, but they seem to have completely disappeared from the country... I heard the Russians took them all back!
Some classic "squared" ladas still in production here, so you can import a brand new one from Russia :)
But i don't see any poins to get one.. They aren't raliable or powerful... They are good for you only if you like ladas, no more no less.

#8 ·
Some classic "squared" ladas still in production here, so you can import a brand new one from Russia :)
But i don't see any poins to get one.. They aren't raliable or powerful... They are good for you only if you like ladas, no more no less.
Seriously. They still make them? Is it still the Riva? I suppose they maybe have a different name in Russia mind..

The only real reason they caught on over here was because they cost less than pretty much any other car on the planet! Which is always a good thing. But they're a bit of a classic. I mean there's plenty of cheap cars out there these days, but they're all trying to be more than what they are. The Lada is unashamed. It is what it is. And because of that it's unique. It has it's own identity. That all makes it kinda cool...

Wouldn't pay loads for one mind. I'd still only get it because it was cheap. I'd just rather that than a Daewoo or something.

#10 ·
Seriously. They still make them? Is it still the Riva? I suppose they maybe have a different name in Russia mind..
Yes, it's Lada Riva or VAZ 2107 in russia and it's still in production at Izhevsk (IzhAuto plant). Price is around 6 500$ and i think this is too much. But used 2107 is cheap as always. Car price is a big problem right now... I got my skyline for ~7 300$ and it's just too much! I think anywhere else in the world it would be a half of this price.

#12 ·
Is that US Dollars?

Used car prices have gone up a lot over here during the past few years.

I blame the scrappage scheme that the government ran a couple of years back, where they paid people £2,000, or roughly $3,000 to scrap their car and buy a brand new one. It was designed to keep the car industry on its feet, but it took a lot of perfectly good cars off the road, and sent to the crusher.

And then of course there's recession...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.