Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. I’ve just been informed that all the cars in my car park at work on Friday were covered in a fine coat of grey steelwork primer paint that floated over in the wind. The idiots decided to paint the steel outside. Someone has already failed their MOT because the window wipers don’t clear the screens properly. I noticed at the weekend mine weren’t working and just assumed I needed new blades. So now I fear mine will fail its MOT because of this. Its just a really fine coat you can only see close and looks like tree sap but its properly stuck to the car. If you run your hand over the paintwork it feels like fine sandpaper now and that’s not nice AT ALL. How could someone be so careless and let this happen. Well at least the boss will have to make sure this gets resolved as his Porsche will also be covered in the paint as it was next to mine.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
All you'll need is some G4 and a good mop! Polish the car up and it'll remove that! Windows will need move! Good luck mate, really they will have to pay for ALL repairs!

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is this g4 stuff then. Presuming it wont ruin my paintwork. Also what do you mean windows move??? Replace??

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
unless your car was minty clean and not waxed or polished at all this wont be bonded enough to need the paint cutting,a good clay bar session would take it off im sure
although i agree with the others,you shouldnt have to pay for it to be done

·
Registered
669 Posts
this happened where i used to work. the cars were below the fence which was on the raised main road. the council had to pay to rectify all damage to all cars as they hadnt given notice and asked for the cars not to be there.

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
they paint new steel on building sites same way.
A few year ago same thing happened.
company kicked up a stink and the painters called in insurance assessors.

Insurance hired a couple of detailers to correct the cars.

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
clay bar should bring it out but why should YOU have to do it. if they tell u not to park there then they have to provide or make available alternative parking at the same cost.
sorry but not ur fault so get on the phone and get angry and get THEM to come sort ur car out.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
if they have admitted fault then they pay for it simple if not thats wot you pay legal cover for on your insurance to fight your case

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
yes they should be paying.

However if you want to do yourself then try a clay bar. IF its stuburn then it will need moping. T-cut will also remove it.

As for the windows, all you need is some wire wool. Dont worry it wont scratch them, however use a fine wire wool.

We can do all this for you but would charge some where between 200-350 depending on how long it will take, (normally a full day for waxing etc)

You may be better telling your gaffer to get a mobile valeter out to all your cars at your work place.

·
Registered
456 Posts
to get the paint of the windows you need to get wire wool and go over it with that, wire wool is a wool made of really fine strings of metal designed to clean glass, as for the paint work use any compund cutting polish, go to halfords they sell a polish called 'rubbing compund' that would be your best easily sourceable bet, good luck mate

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
was totally my companies fault. they will have to sort it out for us. they never usually spray outside so hey should have come to warn everyone to move our cars before they did it. i'm well annoyed although the management says they are going to bring someone out to remove it all. it doesn't look different unless u look real close but if feels awful and the windscreen wipers sound like they're scraping on sandpaper too. i'll let you all know what the company decides to do about all this in a few days i guess... annoying tho but not a lot i can do about it atm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts