Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 33 with fmic and hks pod filter, I seemed to be having slight overfueling problems between 4500-5500 rpm ( it would splutter) and then take off around 6000 rpm. Last night I gradually accelerated to the splutter point and held it there to see if it would improve just for a second and ther was a ppppeeeewwww sound: now the car wont idle, it only starts if you put the accelerator flat down: and it barely drives, as you let the clutch out it just seemes to cut out and hop down the road. as soon as any power is put on it cuts out. It's a little like when the air flow meter is not plugged in, only worse, it wont even idle. Can anyone help me with what it might be, either blown air meter or maybe a pipe has popped off somewhere( had a look and couldnt see anything wrong) . also the BOV doesnt go off either when revved. Hope its not serious, any help would be great.
Thanks
Patrick

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
defo sounds like a pipe off some where or maybe a split in one of them, have a good look

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I had a look last night on the side of the road and couldnt really see much at all, I will have a look today though, thanks for that guys

·
bla
17,374 Posts
also the spluttering is your coilpacks... Best get some splitfires on.. :)

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
a quick way of checking for leaks is to remove the filter leaving the AFM attached to the inlet and pluged in normally

with the engine running put you hand over the entrance of the AFM to block the air and it should go to conk out straight away...if there is a leak it will be sucking voilently from the leak area....easy to spot

little leaks are harder to spot like this

please note that any air being drawn in will not be filtered for the breif few seconds that take to test like this...if you live in the sahara desert you may have problems with this method lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts