Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for advice incase anybody has been through it.

Last week the car wouldn't start for a few mins. It was turning over but just wouldn't come on, after a couple tries I waited a few minutes and when I tried again it started. I thought it was odd and left it there.

In the last 3days it has just cut out a few times at random regardless of whether I am moving or not takes a little longer than usual to turn over but does start back up. today in half an hour it done it twice! When I started it back up the first time today I had slip, vdc off and engine lights stay on & they've stayed on since.

The only thing I've done recently is cut off the air con belt as it was beginning to crack, will be replacing both the belts soon.

If anybody has experienced this or has any knowledge on it please let me know! I think the inevitable stop with no start is creeping up on me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Check to see if any codes are being logged dude, I had the same symptoms with one of my camshaft sensors playing up last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
As above I would say the camshaft sensor may be on the way out. If the car does conk out on you again take a spark plug out (with the coil pack still on), hold plug against cam cover or anything metal, take the sensor out (leaving it plugged in) and turn the half moon bit by hand if you don't get a spark then it's more than likely to be that. I had similar symptoms when mine went. Not cheap if you need a brand new one mind!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, this is all great fun with my tax n mot due end of the month ??

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get a computer on it. It is the camshaft sensor. I think I'll source one myself and have a garage do it will some other bits I need done for mot. Also woke to a flat tyre with a nice 5" screw in it this morning! Mot week is a blast

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I didn't ask, but the garage told me the part is dealer only. I've found it online but should I be really careful with who I purchase from?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I was smart ordered the cam pos shaft sensor for a 350z via the Nissan parts site and it didn't fit.

So I called them gave them my chassis number the part is in stock so I should be able to grab it tomorrow from my local nissan! I was dreading that 2wk wait more than the price! £91

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More updates! Wrong part again somehow! So I'm going to take it in to nissan to give it checked so they can check it (I swear if they tell me they ran it through the computer and it's the cam pos sensor but want to charge me £75 for checking what I told them was wrong I may genuinely cry) looking forward to the fee for fitting a part that takes 2mins to fit ?

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
I would suspect that the Nissan parts guy is looking at the UK 350Z rather than the JDM version, which will be why its the wrong part, not quite sure why the UK part wont fit though.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Is it bank 1 or bank 2? I could be wrong but if memory serves me they are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ye that's what I though aswel. It's the drivers side as there are 2banks that's right. First one was just a 350z (non jdm) sensor. This one I would've expected to be right as I gave chassis number for it but no ?

Earliest appointment is 7days from today and they won't do it while I wait. Headache! Takes 10mins to run a computer & fit the part if they have it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts