Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion there are far too many stickys at the top of the pages. In the technical section there are 28!! Is there something that could be done so you don't have to scroll down the page for a couple of minutes just to get to what you are looking for?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
In my opinion there are far too many stickys at the top of the pages. In the technical section there are 28!! Is there something that could be done so you don't have to scroll down the page for a couple of minutes just to get to what you are looking for?
we are in the process of moving them to a f.a.q. area mate itshould be done in the next week or so......:cheers:

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
this could be another take on the "how to " or info section ......perhaps a permenant thread section with all the stickys in ..sub divided by type, these would have to be finished and locked posts i would imagine purely informative so that people can read digest and ask questions.

what do we think moderators? i reckon it could fly?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ahhh i see im obviously clairvoyant!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
yes hesh, the sticky's ive put up ive locked so they can be used purely for the information, ive spoken to another admin and we already have a "faq and how to" section here its just a case of moving and adjusting some stuff to accommodate it all, it will make things easier for info......

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
soho, jees thats good advertising, didnt think my rep had got that far........

erm sorry i mean thats terrible, maligning my good character! im a professional you know!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I was thinking that lol... Too many to scroll past.....
Cant you make a technical threads sticky, in the tuning pages, click on it and have all the stickys come up??? Would it be too much to ask if it is possible to have a search engine just for the sticky tech info???? :D

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Would it be too much to ask if it is possible to have a search engine just for the sticky tech info???? :D
Take take take, that's all your about! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I was just about proposing quite the same stuff....

My idea was to do a new section with all the how to? for example how do you remove a rear light (in the general section right now here)
This section could be only how to remove the light (I.E.) with only useful comments not like "good post mate". And why not adapt it with the new advice with a description on what as change since the first post and the good and bad point of all the changments (just like in software help). I know it's a lot of work but could be very helpful and it could probably release the forum of the already answered questions.

I don't know if I am clear and if it comme close on what the topic was about hope so...

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
"Will there be an extra search engine just for the faq pages????"

with bells and whisltes and a big neon sign so i can find it without a map?
just cos you are looking for something to fill in your time moderators ....lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts