Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have not yet got a skyline, but will have soon. I have a baby on the way, so the Navara has gone, the S14a and SLK are both up for sale.

I am looking to buy an R33 GTR, any comments on boot space and rear seats would be appreciated.

Also I see they range from 7k to 15k with seemingly not much between them, so any advise would be great.

Thanks
Adz

·
4,870 Posts
hey welcome along :)
I want your navara god i love them cars :p
But yeh umm i think the case is baby sits in the front mrs is in back because not bags of room to fit a baby seat in back depending on how big it is...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the baby seat just about fits in my 200 behind the passenger seat but not much/no room to spare. I am hoping an R33 will have at least 2 or 3 inches more to play with between front and rear seats. And my wife is swapping here SLK for an RX8 so that should do the majoruty of of long journeys.

I was gutted to sell the Navara. But I have to say its the most expensive and newest vehicle I have owned but had the most problems with it.

From now on I'll stick to petrol cars 10 year old +. They seem to go forever in my experience. (watch me eat my words now!) I have had two diesels with two big and time consuming repairs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any pics of the space behind the front seats would good. I am gonna start looking in the new year.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get a 32 gtst more fun than 4wd and its got 4 seat lol
I have to say I have never been a fan of four wheel drive but I want wide arches and an RB26. I seen a R34 GTT for sale on here and drift works with GTR look-a-like parts, that was tempting but sold very quick.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome along bud, good luck on the hunt for a R33 GTR! I think they have good rear space as my mate who is about 6 foot 3" can fit fine in the back!:bigthumb:

You shouldnt have a problem fitting a baby seat in i reckon!!:cool:
Good to hear.

The thing is when you want something big, fast cool and less than 10k, there is not much about. An M5 was an option but, 1; what do you do with it once you've bought it and 2; BMW drivers etc etc.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
hi m8. just to say i dnt have a 33 gt-r but a gts-t but a babyseat fits in the back fine... im 6,1 missus is tall aswell ..summat like 5,9 and the opushchair fits in the boot aswell. aslong as its a pushchair and not a huge pram/buggie thing. and unfortunatly now massive sub boxes niether.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
welcom and get the GTR its not full time 4wd its actually rwd but has the benefit of 4wd(great for fast standing starts:naughty:) plus ive got plenty room in mine and im 6' 1" tall and my lad has the child seat and it fits fine in the front or back:bigthumb:

·
Registered
761 Posts
As others have said:

1.There's plenty of room for rear seat passengers (max of two only though) with lots of leg room

2. Boot is not very big at all (R32 boot is by far the most practical- I've had R32, 33 and 34 GTR's)

3. There's series 1, 2 and 3 for R33GTR's.

Series 3 cars had deeper front splitter, N1 bumper vents, xenons, passenger airbag, red stitching on the seats all as standard

Nothing of real note between the series 1 and 2 apart from I think the passenger airbag became standard equipment from 1996 (was an option in 1995). Rear wash wipe was an option from the begining and then again I think it became standard from 1996 onwards.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts