Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for posting on xmas eve with this but there is a message at the end for you all....

about 6 weeks ago my gran died (thanks for the support) and now on xmas eve my grandad has sadly passed away, dad and sis are in new zealand on hol to try and get over loss of gran and hes not due back till feb.

grandad was an amazing fella, shot in the head at 19 in the war, battled through that and was left partly paralyzed down his right side, won some medals, never gave a stuff what people thought and always said what was on his mind, but at the same time a true gent with an eye for the ladies.

he will be sadly missed and never forgotten by me, same as my gran.

so......... this xmas, when little tommy is running round screaming and your getting headache, mother in law is giving out sneaky insults aimed at you, the xmas dinner gets burnt etc

just be grateful for what you have got, dont let the small things upset you and have a fooking good xmas and thats an order not a request.

yabba.

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Yabba, made even worse at this time of the year too. Remember all the good times that you and your grandad had together and try not to be too down :)

A

·
0 Posts
gutted for you mate, its a year ago to the day i had a call to tell me my nan was in hospital, she manage to stay with us a week untill 6.10am new years day when she passed away, never an easy thing to get over, but makes it even more dificult at a time of year that is supposed to be filled with happiness

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Yabba. Hope you can remember the good times and believe that your gran and grandad are back together again.

I hope the new year brings better fortune for you.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i know they would want me to be happy so i will try to make the most of xmas

as i said, enjoy christmas everyone ;)

( i dont want to be depressing people on xmas eve, i hope my message hit home ;) )

cheers

S

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear hes passed away Steve. You've had a rotten year mate, loosing two family members in the same year :(

I hope im cheering you up on msn mate :)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
last time i saw him he was ogling the nurses in hospital and every now and then would go really quiet, we would all be relaxed thinking hes going to sleep then hed jump up and scream boo dead loud, always a joker :)

edit: cheers gareth

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
My sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family. You've had a really **** time of it these past few months. I admire your strength in ploughing through.

I hope you manage to enjoy Christmas as best you can and think of previous Christmases you shared with your Grandparents, look back, and smile.

This beer's a toast to your Grandad and your Nan.

And to you.

Merry Christmas Yabba!

:cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Yabba, really sorry to hear your grandad has passed away! 2005 has not been a very good year as it?

Remember the good times spent together and the many treasured memories. I'm sure he and your gran wish you lots of happiness so try keeping your chin up during these sad times.

Wish you a peaceful Christmas.

Paola

B

·
0 Posts
**** Stevie :( ... i know i ain't been round much lately dude but im thinking of you m8 ..

·
Registered
492 Posts
sorry to hear this. but sympathy will only weaken you. good times are still to come, and be happy in the knowledge that your grandad is'nt lonely anymore now that he's with your gran. they're probably holding hands now sitting by the river of eternity looking in to it and seeing you guys and feeling happy at all they've achieved. remember, they haven't left you, they'll be waiting for all of you at a place where we will all eventually go to, as long as you remain strong and good here, and be true to your self as to your family and friends. best wishes! :angel:

Nam.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sorry to hear about that dude, i lost both grandmother's, great aunt & aunt in the last 2 month aswell. May they all :sleepy: RIP

Rixio

1 - 19 of 19 Posts