Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was coming around a corner last night to find a HUGE black line in the middle lane and lots of smoke ( Usually Serious ) oops sorry I digress, in the road. Expecting to soon find out where it was coming from and see something I wouldnt find funny ahead of me.

Next what do I see , nothing, just a row of cars at some traffic lights.

What confused me was the extent of the black line and the length of it, and how far from the lights it had stopped, so obviously the heavy braking was needed, but then realised to be not so required as first thought.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Having been next to it at the time, it was quite shocking.

I've never seen such a blatently poor attempt at braking except from a Nova boy, sorry Jamie. Never actually driven a skyline to know about the breaks, but if that's what happens to the car under extreme braking I don't think I ever want to be in one.

Is there no ABS on that car? Or was it removed?

Have to say, I did laugh quite a lot when it stopped snaking around and came to a hault. Was a bit concerned for a minute there though. Surely flatspots on those tyres...?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont think the r33 gts has SOS, i mean ABS

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol thats also true. i thought your car was light you said its not light.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Eh? Are we still talking braking on a 33? Or kerb weight on an RX-7 TT?

Assuming the latter, it's 1200-1280kg inc. fluids which is not "supercar" (<1000Kg) territory but is lighter than most things.

·
Registered
53 Posts
rotorholic said:
Eh? Are we still talking braking on a 33? Or kerb weight on an RX-7 TT?

Assuming the latter, it's 1200-1280kg inc. fluids which is not "supercar" (<1000Kg) territory but is lighter than most things.

1267 kg empty and 1310 kg kerb weight :p

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1380 is a GTS kerb weight on a 33 thought you said yours was light Mr Alcopop :eek:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, I make 1240 a good 140Kg lighter than a lardy GTS 33, and I know which I'd rather be in when the red light appears...shhhrrreeek

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you had it weighed ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Actually one of the guys in the club did and it was slightly less than the quoted figure even with a 24pack of Boddingtons in the boot. :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Surprising that Mr Moles hasn't been on here yet to explain exactly wot happened and the reason why..! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is intregued..

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Still not used to non-abs car.

:D

J.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
oddly enough if mine ever locks a wheel its the same one Jamie locked too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts