1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
704 Posts
I found this a while ago and emailed the guys. They first had it up as a two wheel drive GTR as that is what the V5 said. Most Skylines that come in used to be registered as a GTR as that's all that was on the DVLA computer system.

It's basically a GTS with a GTR body kit.:)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i have looked at most of there cars and previous cars for a while... They do seem abit dodgy.....

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
mine just says nissan , it dont even say that its a skyline let alone gtst or gtr lol

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
yup mine just says only NISSAN aswell
no skyline, no GTS - GTR - GTSt
and it says saloon aswell is this normal for a 2-door ?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think there's too much wrong with the advert. I've seen plenty worse on eBay. It does have a GTR badge but it clearly states it's a 'lookalike'.
Not anymore, but then it took this email to stop them selling it as a GTR

I'm a bit confused then. Someone in Japan purchased a GTR and did the following :

swapped the engine from a min 280 BHP 2.6 twin turbo to a min 250BHP 2.5 single turbo
removed the flared rear arches to replace them with R33 GTST arches, paid to have them fitted and re-sprayed
removed the front wings and purchased, fitted and resprayed GTST front wings
removed the now non fitting GTR bumper and purchased, fitted, resprayed a GTST bumper
purchased GTST side indicators
removed the whole GTR interior and replaced with a GTST interior
replaced the GTR bumper which now doesn't fit with a GTST bumper

We will not go into the fact that the gear box and transmission for a GTR and GTST are completely different so need replacing or the cost involved in converting this 280bhp twin turbo 4wd car to a 250 bhp rwd car and all to lower the value of it and turn it into a drift car. Lets not touch on the need to remove the ATTESSA 4wd system that is now disconnected and useless... the list goes on.

I really wish you luck with selling it mate as you are going to have one seriously pissed off customer on your hands.

I don't mind you taking the piss out of me and attempting to wind me up by keeping this email conversation going, but you are still advertising the car wrongly and will end up disappointing someone massively. I'll no doubt get to talk to them on the GTR forum soon and will show them these emails just to show that you were told it was not a true GTR.

Good luck with your fraudulent sale. Shame, as your GTST is actually a fantastic example and is worth the money. Why take the bad press?!?

:Uzi:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine just says Nissan Coupe etc blah blah.... but like already said, they do put on there it's a lookalike and does show the CC as 2500..

·
Registered
751 Posts
lol, when i bought mine my girlfreind was adament ive got a gtr instead of a gts as thats what the log book said.
who knows maybe it was and someone went to great length to turn it from a gtr to a gts, them japanese people can be crazy!:loser:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
May be able to get onto your insurance and say your not happy that youve been paying out for a gtr when its a gts... :D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
mine is registered as a gtr as well . i dont care if people cant tell the difference coz i'm not to proud to tell anyone who asks that i only have a gtst but its more fun and cheaper to run than a gtr.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts