Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed I need some new track rod ends (the gaiters on the ball joints have gone) and while I'm at it I might put in some new shocks ( i think their getting a bit old n soggy). I called nissan and it seems they dont bother converting their prices into pounds they just change the Y to a £ :rolleyes:, so

a)does anyone know where you can get pattern parts

b)would the front suspension+steering be the same as a (z32) 300zx, they must be common to loadsa nissans cause the nissan dealer had them in stock!

anyone?

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats about it for the tie/track rod ends, part 48520-71L25 £55.80 +vat each - I saw their price list and they buy them from nissan at £45.76 so its not really the garages fault, their really helpful! I'm just a tight wad used to spending £8 in something like this for a saab or vw

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I would expect Abbey to have those bits at fairer prices mate.
Blame the missus for caning it round LLandow too hard

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah she wasnt holding back, she said "dont worry I've played Mario Carts loads" as she kicked down on the entry to the last bend a 70, tsch women drivers eh! she's bringing her own car next time.

I will give abbey a go, I've kind of been avoiding them, cause I phoned them about twice a week for 2 months while they were getting my car SVA'd, poor sods, "Is it ready yet?"...

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If they cant take a joke and all that.....
I will be better prepared for the land of the setting sheep next time.
I will post that pic of you freeze framed running in front of the camera later

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah, how smooth am I?

At that moment my camera was using up the last of its batteries filming the grass and my right leg, I've go footage of 2 passes of jamie on the start finish straight and 3 minutes of grass and right leg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts