Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure who knows about this so I thought I would post it up.

Tomorrow night is "South Wales Cruise's" last organised cruise and if there 09 event was anything to go by its gonna be huge. :guiness: :apuke:

Final location is covoy only and the only place I know is Junction 33 M4 at 7.30pm.

I can let people know later on where it all ends up if you PM me with your mobile numbers, I will text people once we are on the road. :rofl:

It's being covered by Superior Rides and Fast Car, so if any Mods wanna move this to get people from other areas, the more the merrier

Hopefully see some of you tomorrow.

Dave

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
well dont no if anybody went to this

if you dint dont worry you didnt miss much

just ended up driving around cardiff al night changing locations

on the plus side max power were very keen to take alot of pics of my car and even 1 with me stood next to it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We all ended up in Junc 28 ASDA well over 500 cars, but a massive police presence, we all got in but then were told to leave but they did vehicle checks on every car leaving, all in all took them around 3.5 hours to clear the site so we had a good time just waiting for them.

Was a true oldschool night, chasing the convoys and stopping for 30 mins here 30mins there ha ha, pretty sure the entire South Wales Police Traffic Squad were there I counted at least 10 traffic cars and the helicopter

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
wen we left cardiff gate i chose to go to the pub up by the services as we pulled in there was a unmarked m5 with 2 cops in it

as there was only 7 cars in there they didnt wait round and drove off

i didnt see anyother skylines the whole night

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
tbh i think events like this are dying off, the cops sqeeze on it so hard only the hard core few bother, if they put this much effort into organising a legal event i'm sure it would be wicked and less hassle for everyone :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
see now y arnt they going down the right route it would be much safer for everybody involved

maybe a post or 2 on there site may help

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i thought about it but tbh every single "cruise" type event ive attended in south wales has been loads of hassle,both from police and people driving like total idiots,so i didnt bother this time

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know what you mean. You can't even drive down Blackwood high street on a Thursday any more, the police close it to stop the weekly cruise event that normally goes on. I was in an L reg Volvo 940 estate at the time and they still wouldn't let me in.

So annoying.

Though it was funny as hell when they set up an impromptu vehicle check point at the McDs/Asda roundabout, not only did this create a massive traffic jam that affected shoppers and other people going about their day to day business, they also forgot that at the top of that 20 foot tall wall is the Halfords/KFC carpark where the cruisers all gathered to throw bottles at the police.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Apologies for not replying or attending, but cant use my car until i change the turbo gasket, still waiting for it and dont know how long its gonna be.
Thwish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts