Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have had splitfire coils I have changed plugs twice....
Now I and running NKG platinums gapped at 1.1mm.
This seems to be better with these coils for maximum torque.
discus please.
Andy.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Forgive me here andy, i dont wish to sound ignorant. I thought platinum plugs were for std or very mildly tuned engines, while anything more required iridiums. Or is this just a ploy to get us to pay for the more expensive plugs?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Forgive me here andy, i dont wish to sound ignorant. I thought platinum plugs were for std or very mildly tuned engines, while anything more required iridiums. Or is this just a ploy to get us to pay for the more expensive plugs?
IMO it's a myth just perpetuated. Having run an engine at 190% of it's original power output on standard NGK plugs a grade colder and having never had an issue

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
i do a lot of work with nitrous...nitrous can be very reluctant to ignite and over a certian level ignition upgrades are required but copper non projected resistorless plugs are always my first choice, if they are not avaliable then i use iridiums

a different plug can result in more power because you can have a "misfire" that comes late and affects performance without actually "missing" as such, this is what you have experianced andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts