Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Right there are a lot of us on here and we all need spark plugs so I expect one set per person is required if you are interested.

If you have a standard car I think it is safe to say you only need to change them on your regular service interval.

If you have upgraded your boost then it is potentially every 3k Miles you need to change them to ensure your getting the performance from your car that you have paid for.

Ok I want to know numbers of people who are interested and then I will go and find out how much we can get them for.

Please express your interest by posting here and I will be doing them obviously in sets of 6 ( DOH )

I know a lot of people will sit there and say you dont need them , but if you have them you will use them, trust me there is a difference in performance as I have stated to a few people on here, and it has been proven to make a difference.

Who Wants Some

Sarky - 4 Sets
RoboPope - 2 Sets
GSport - 1 Set
Buster - 1 Set
Al&Claire - 1 Set
Jock Alert - 1 Set
gtirpad - 1 Set
AlexJ - 1 Set

---------
Total - 12 Sets - 72 Plugs

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Plugs

Not 5... DOH!

I would be intrested as I have not changed mine since the build

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Denso reckon on changing em every 30,000 on a high performance engine, at £16.00 + each, every 3000 sounds an expensive little foray.
I aint trying to do your group buy in mate it just sounds hideous to have to spend £90.00+ every 3000 miles

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok lets clear some things up ok.

If your engine is going to be running say over a 100BHP above the norm then you need to look at new plugs.

These plugs run hotter and also can easily get fouled. Its not just a case of taking them out and then giving them a clean.

Yes they run well, I know it is expensive, and the mileage may vary from car to car. The milage stated is only for average figures, if your using your car daily or your using your car easily and not spanking it , then things will change for your circumstances.

Yes they will be iridiums.

I am contacting several people tomorrow for pricing.

For myself I am going to order up 4 sets of ( 6 ) not 5 ( DOH )

So I want to make sure if you think you only need 1 or two sets that might last you a year, then do so. Im not roping people into a deal until we are sure what the financial cost is going to be, its simply if i get the interest then I can discuss bulk packages with suppliers. Ie on my own i am looking at 24 Plugs.

Mr AppleJack I think I will come and change yours this weekend and I think you will notice a better tickover instantly, as per our discussion last weekend.

Let me know your thoughts and or worries reagarding this, we are as a group more likely to change our own plugs than the GTR owners as we manage to deal with a lot of things on our own backs.

Buster I think your missing the point, regardless what you think of my mileage statement you need to change plugs sooner or later, if you want one or two sets, or none its your choice. You will need to change a set sooner or later.

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Mark,
pop me down for a few sets, my last set managed little more than 3000 miles before starting to play up. That may be down to that bonus bolt we found floating (literally) round in there :D

Paul

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Plug it

Thats fine... I is having anew alarm fitted saturday so I aint going anywhere...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok just to put something into perspective.

Standard figures which are quoted by Manufacturers are taken from Standard settings on cars, running standard boost and fueling etc.

Once you have changed, Injectors/Boost/Intercooler/Fueling
there is quite a dramatic change in the life of the engine, this is stating that the above Standard Life of the plugs will be affected also.

One of the main problems is plugs that have become clogged and loose their ability to spark properly and work efficiecntly.

No matter how long it takes to get there your plugs will slowly loose their life, depending on your right foot mostly.

You have to say dependent on use your plugs will deteriorate, I agree with Nick about the price of them being so high it is unwarrantable to do it so regularly, but then on another point thats why I am going to see what price I can get them for once I know how many people are potentially interested.

Some people say 15k some might have to change them every 3K ?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right you wanted an incentive, you have seen how much you can get plugs for, so now its time to see who is in for a deal.

I need as many sets as possible if people are interested.
20+ Sets are required. Payment would be upfront and if the deal falls through then all monies would be returned.

47 UK Pounds for a Set Of 6 GTS Denso Iridium Plugs ( IQ24 Rating ) - GTS

If anyone wants a price on GTR plugs you will have to let me know who is interested.

As quoted previously 96 UK Pounds is giving you quite a saving.

Please show your interest.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
:D come to daddy my babies....

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
People can sort out money either cheque or, Cash, im going to Castle Combe on the 17th so maybe an opportunity then.

I dont really want cheques or cash until we hit some reasonable numbers of interest.

·
Registered
299 Posts
best cancel mine then, cause that would cost me more in petrol to travell there and I don't do cheque books. sorry

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no worries.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Plugs

Hi ,

Just seen this.

We can help members of this board, we can supply Trust plugs at £14all in for a group buy, £84 a set of 6. They are Iridium and we will supply for GTS or GTR no problem, minimum of 50 plugs order for group buy.

Hope it helps....

Andy
Sumo Power

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Andy,
thanks for your help, don't suppose you have a water pump for a GTS knocking around somewhere :D

Paul

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
Hey Andy did you read the whole of the posting? only your offering sets at £84 and they are already talking about £47 a set !!!

Mark put me down for a set please....
G.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
water pump * cough cough * nudge nudge N1, * cough cough * selling............

1 - 20 of 67 Posts