Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Mate,

NGK BKR8EIX are what I'd suggest, heat range 8. I've had no problems with mine at all.

I can't say the same for the Denso I've had before.

Dave

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
To be fair i've had the opposite, i've munched at least 6 NGK's but NEVER had a HKS plug fail.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
It's all i use (hks) and mine's not exactly std, i change them once a year, not that anythings ever wrong i just change them once a year.

Once one of my NGK's caused a miss fire in the skyline and in my pulsar i had 2 tips come off, 2 core's drop out and another fail, simon norris would only let me run HKS S40i's when normal driving and S45i's when using NOS and competing in the pulsar.

So now in the skyline i only use S40i's so far 3 sets in my current skyline and one set in my old skyline for the year i owned it and never had a single problem.

I'm not saying there the best and i'm sure plenty will say NGK's are brilliant and some might even say they've had probs with HKS, its your choice, but personally i wouldn't use anything but HKS or Greddy plugs.

To be fair often the more std cars with just exhaust and induction kit over fuel which could cause probs with sparks, but mine just before it was mapped simon told me a was running rich enough fuel on tick over for 2bar boost flat out and still never had a prob with my sparks?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Once one of my NGK's caused a miss fire in the skyline and in my pulsar i had 2 tips come off, 2 core's drop out and another fail, simon norris would only let me run HKS S40i's when normal driving and S45i's when using NOS and competing in the pulsar.

Now thats a MAN I would trust completely

·
Registered
212 Posts
If your car was pritty much standard you should have been using iq20's!
I agree but I had exhaust & induction kit done also, so the 22's where a compromise.

To be honest from bruce's post I'm gonna give the HKS's a try next time.

But so far with the NGK's no problem at all.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
So why changing them then? Of course it might be true that the HKS ones are worked good on bruce car, but again: "Never change a running system!" :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts