Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i need some advice

I have a spec 2 GTST i have purchased a Modified Spec 1 front facing inlet plenum!

is the only difference between the two the throttle body because of the sensors???

cheers

Ant

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
yes thats the only differance
just use the S2 throttle body it bolts to the manifold in exactly the same way as the S1 :)
have you got the other parts you will need?
a T piece for the pipe that returns to the idle control valve etc...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers because im going to get it pollished to make it shiney :D and just wanted to check that its the same before i fit it. Yea ive got all the pipe work to bolt onto my FMIC and got a bov because the new pipe wont take the original valve, new water way and all the other pipes!

so hopes it will be pretty straight foreward but the right hand side of the plenum looks like a B*tch to unbolt lol

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i did mine last year and one for a mate last weekend.. as above get a 12 mm flexy head ratchet spanner.. id have given my left nut for one when i did mine.. i had one for the second one and its the diferance between night and day.. had the plenums swapped over in an hour or so.. the rest is just a plumbing job..

an extra pair of hands helps when your putting the plenum back on, to get the pipe underneath on..

and on the thotle body where the cable ataches youll see a brass coloured spacer, looks like a skinny bobbin.. youll need to move this so it on the inside of the cable pull cam.. this will make life easyer when u come to make your throtle cable bracket.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the info guys hopefully ill have a m8s garage and a pair of hands to help me take it apart and put it back together again! does its make much difference the front facing inlet plenum part from making the engine bay look neater???

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
it makes a real difference to HP, response and torque :)
it also reduces the large amount of pipework that a front mount has and reduces the charge temps by not having a lot of pipework over the top of the engine,
if you want to see how much difference check out the inlet manifold temperature by touch after a spirited drive before and after ;) huge difference :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
it makes a real difference to HP, response and torque :)
it also reduces the large amount of pipework that a front mount has and reduces the charge temps by not having a lot of pipework over the top of the engine,
if you want to see how much difference check out the inlet manifold temperature by touch after a spirited drive before and after ;) huge difference :)
well hurry up and do mine and daves then :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
well work harder lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol kool i cant w8 to get it all done now :D soon as its done its going on a dyno for a power run and to re setup the boost controller ill post up before and after figures :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts