Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Chatting to some bloke in the pub last night as you do. Apparently these SPEC's things on the M4 are not speed traps. This guy said he rang up and checked, and they are purely for traffic purposes to register flow of traffic, congestion etc. So hopefully we can get out of 3rd gear on the M4 without worrying !!

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Could be right

I live just off the M6 Thelwall Viaduct where they have these "specs" and quite often the boys in blue park up with a mobile camera pointing at the same stretch

whats goin on there then????

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Traffic flow monitoring

The rectangular speaker-like things on top of dark blue poles are for flow monitoring. Sussex police had no clue when they went up & they were asking each other what the f*** the were.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
the whole idea of those said items on the M4 was to visually slow down the traffic apparently as a deterrant.

I am quite happy to sit on the motorway and do the speed limit so what do i care.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I have noticed the latest trend seems to be mounting a camera behind an overhead sign i.e. get you from behind
You can spot them if you look at the back of the signs on the other carraigeway

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
It's the front facing ones that are a *****. As Buster found out on his way to Gaydon I believe. hehe.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got 3 pts last month to add to my 6 already, yipee............ Thanks then, oh well i guess it's ya own fault........

lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
They also have those front facing ones by Silverstone, which Sir Buster and I found out to our dismay, still got away with it tho didn't we big man..!

·
Sil80 Driver
2,313 Posts
It is at this point I would like to point out the importance of carrying a disposable camera in your glovebox. If you see a camera that is not correctly marked or improperly placed or you see a police car parked illegally for no particular reason (remember highway code says you can't park within 10 metres of a junction) take a picture of it.

Show them we can take pictures too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts