Skyline Owners Forum banner

SPEC's apparently not true

880 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Chatting to some bloke in the pub last night as you do. Apparently these SPEC's things on the M4 are not speed traps. This guy said he rang up and checked, and they are purely for traffic purposes to register flow of traffic, congestion etc. So hopefully we can get out of 3rd gear on the M4 without worrying !!

#3 ·
Traffic flow monitoring

The rectangular speaker-like things on top of dark blue poles are for flow monitoring. Sussex police had no clue when they went up & they were asking each other what the f*** the were.

#4 ·
the whole idea of those said items on the M4 was to visually slow down the traffic apparently as a deterrant.

I am quite happy to sit on the motorway and do the speed limit so what do i care.

#12 ·
It is at this point I would like to point out the importance of carrying a disposable camera in your glovebox. If you see a camera that is not correctly marked or improperly placed or you see a police car parked illegally for no particular reason (remember highway code says you can't park within 10 metres of a junction) take a picture of it.

Show them we can take pictures too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.