Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post, before i say anything, my first issue with the car is getting over speed humps. As the car just hit it and over. :mad:
How do you guys drive over humps? Is there a way to do it?
I am looking for a different bumper now.
Oh anyone have a spare bumper, let me know. cheers.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
hate speed bumps -loads of places too i cant get in -multi story car parks -no no -even our local nettos has a bit of a ramp so cant get in. lol
Only way to do speed bumps is mega mega slow -1st gear job for some -or avoid them if possible!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post, before i say anything, my first issue with the car is getting over speed humps. As the car just hit it and over. :mad:
How do you guys drive over humps? Is there a way to do it?
I am looking for a different bumper now.
Oh anyone have a spare bumper, let me know. cheers.
Hi matey, welcome to the forum! For me its getting a balance between a nice ride height for stance / handling benefits, and ability to get over speed bumps. What’s your current set up? Is it just the bumper that’s catching? You don’t want to end up putting a new bumper on then smashing that one also. When i was setting mine up i parked on top of one, got out and checked clearances under the car. You may want to consider lifting the car up a little before you put your new bumper on just in case the same happens to the new one.

·
New Zealand Area Rep
797 Posts
I always go at a 45 degree angle then back the other way at 45 degrees at the peak of the bump, its a skill you gotta learn when you have a performance car hahah and dont worry about the people behind you, wear the "speed bump angle-ing" as a badge of honour

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
+1 for 45% basically try to make sure atleast 1 wheel is on the hump at all times, you dont want all 4 wheels on the floor with the speed bump in between :p unless its one of those nasty skinny ones, then you just have to close your eyes and ears :(

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Here is what i have to deal with coming down my own drive way!!

the bumper scrapes down it all the time , it was on the floor before i got out of the car to take this picture!!

And this is what speed humps do to the bottom of it!

cant get in multi story car parks
most car ramps
some roads my car scrapes along...you know the really bumpy one's that arnt even at all!!

the joys of paying road tax!!!!!!!!!:minigun:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmmm dont come over to this side of the channel...... lot more speed bumps then you see over there..... its just sick.... cant drive on a lot of main routes... even with my volkswagen (stock one) i touch the ground often...

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Hmmm dont come over to this side of the channel...... lot more speed bumps then you see over there..... its just sick.... cant drive on a lot of main routes... even with my volkswagen (stock one) i touch the ground often...

low rider central.......do you have lowered cars over there then?

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Unfortunately one of the dangers that comes with owning a lowered skyline. This is the reason why I have kept my stock front bumper and have not fitted a splitter as it would be mashed within 5 minutes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi welcome, mine is lowered and i put a kit on it and went over a speed an got beached on the side skirt had ppl in the back like but there was sum pretty bad noises, so bumper and side skirts for me,

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
If most speed bumps give you grief then your car's too low for normal road use!
not always true that one, come to wigan and you will find the council dont even keep them at the same height infact theyre all over the place some are even higher then an 8" curb

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
`ru... i love your new avatar lol.. where do you find those?...
Nothing to do with me; my avatar gets changed reasonably regularly by the mods. This is the first time I've been completely happy with it! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.