Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question - I know from factory there is a 112mph limit on the Jap import R33 GTR, what is the limit on the UK spec cars?

Mine is an import but has got an ECU from a UK spec car. I was trying to get a top speed the other day (on a legal track day of course ;) ) , and at what was showing on the dial was about 156mph when the car lost power and sounded and felt like a speed limiter. I slowed a little floored it agian and the same thing happened at the same speed. The revs where only at about 6500 and everything else looked normal - EGT was about 890 and boost was just over 1 bar.

Was just wondering if the UK ECU's have a 155mph limit?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
There isnt a limit on UK spec cars as far as I am aware, althought I could be wrong, anyone verify this ?

Might be an integral unit in the car restricting the speed of the car.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
ooer maybe its just read off the speedo, ie your speedo will still be out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, I have got 19's on so I should imagine it should be out a bit.

Guess - my next question is - How do I remove the limiter????

N

·
0 Posts
there is a wire u can cut , that removes the speed limiter , i think its pin 52 on the ecu , but cant be sure , do a search on sdu .

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the info.

SDU says if the wire is cut "This impacts the HICAS diagnostic mode - will not exit the diagnostic when 10kph is exceeded"

What will this mean to driving? will the HICAS still work do you think?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ant, this will only affect you if you put the hicas into diagnostic mode.

There was a thread in the tuning area about how to do that - having seen it you'd never get it into diagnostic mode accidentally.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
there was a UK version of the r33 and r34 gtr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts