Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some help please, ive searches on the forums, and found people with same issues but no resolution......Took dash out today and installed speedo converter, speedo stopped working immediatley, all other gauges fine. Took chip back out still no look needle just sits at zero. Anyone anyideas? Is there light at end of tunnel people dont seem ot be resolving this :S

Thanks Tom

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
mine works most of the time but sometimes dies.

my buddy is getting a used cluster in a couple of weeks that i'm going to test out to see if it resolves the problem.

if it does, then i'll know if it's the cluster itself, if not, then well.... i'll have to find the source of the problem...

·
Registered
123 Posts
mine is the same it seems like a common problem i cant find any faults in the cables or plugs just dont work mine has no converter atall just the clocks not sure what to do. might buy a after market speedo think apexi do it built in to a boost controler.

·
4,143 Posts
try the speedo convertor.remove it and see if your speedo works and if it does the is a sticky in the faq on how to convert propley

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys sorted mine, nothing that will help you tho im afraid just out of overlooking the simplest thing. Tried absolutly everything to get it work, didnt take into consideration that i was only goin about 3-5 mph up the drive when testing it each time, and that this wouldnt be enough to give a reading on the clock. Only after id completly given up after 4 hours and went to shop in car did i realise it had been working all along DUHHHH. How embarassing somethin so simple! Cheers for the reply anyway

·
Registered
962 Posts
:disappointed:
:loser:

:dogpile: :dogpile: :dogpile:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
i can't believe you admitted to that:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Listen people, when diagnosing your problems with speedos, are your mileages still going, both my needle and mileometer have stopped suddenly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts