Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sits at home thinking am I normal ???????
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am going to treat my car to a new set of coilpacks but im unsure of which ones to go for as i have done some research and apart from being 100 pound dearer but they seem to give the same power but wondered what you good people think , your help is much needed :bigthumb:

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
if you are talking about the aussie yellows then dont bother,i tried the reds,absolutly crap,two broke down in two months so i got what i should have got,splitfires,just get the splitfires,they are proven

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
im using rsps own ones mate :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Splitfires or RSPs...

I prefer the blue though, lol...

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Ive used splitfires in my skyline for two years. not had much of an issue, but i think cyclinder three may have been arcing. (??? water??)

they are good.

i know people on the stagea forum use yellow jackets without any problems.

splitfire were tried and tested for sure, but simply because they were the only alternative to new OEM for years. and Nissan wanted an arm and a leg, plus a transfusion rather than plain cash.

theres more on the market now and 320 plus p+p is too expensive. i bought my split fires at 290 delivered. the longer the alternative makes are about the better it gets

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I use yellow jacketts which I bought off an S O.com member.They have been in for a year running 500+ bhp and are great.Cheers

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I just got RSP's own make and so far I can't fault them. The car feels smoother now. The fact the misfire is away it makes the car feel more powerful and getting there smoothly.

I will find out on my next journey to Manchester in a couple of days and trust me I will test them lol!!!!!!!

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
We have been selling our coils for over a year now and I have sold a little over 100sets and have only had a problem with one set which was a manufacturing fault.

Obviously they have not been around as long as splitfire but after all the testing I have done I know they are of the same quality. If everyone was going to be going for the tried and tested route you would buy Standard coils as they have already lasted 10+ years without problems :) This year I have seen 3 sets of splitfires fail after only being fitted for 2 years so whatever way you go you are not going to be guaranted no further problems.

Richard

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Running Splitfires in my GTT for 3 yeras now, no problems.

Bought the RSP ones for my GTR, but had no time to fit them and try them yet.

However I do trust Richard 100%, that´s why I bought his instead of the more expensive Splitfires and I am not expecting to see any problems with them. Even IF I would, I know that Richard will only be a phone call away and always happy to help, so that and the fact that he done lots of testing on the Dyno put my mind at rest, no doubt. And in the end there IS a quite big price difference compared to Splitfires, so...

Only reason I bought Splitfires for my GTT was because there were no alternatives on the market that time. If I never need coilpacks again for my GTT I will defo fit RSP ones.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
my splitfire's failed after about a year, so i went back to oem
whats power are you running Andy ?

do you really need uprated coilpacks or is a new set of OEM ones sufficient?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
do you really need uprated coilpacks or is a new set of OEM ones sufficient?
A new set of genuine Nissan ones will do just fine. They are lots more $$$ though which is why people used to buy Splitfires and now with more alternatives being availbale they start buying yellow jackets, Supersparks, etc.

As has been said the RSP ones will be just as good as Splitfire, Nissan, etc and will cost lot less! Plus you have a tuner to talk to. So not much to think about if you ask me.

·
Sits at home thinking am I normal ???????
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right guy s i got rsp coil s today and i must say they were great made a difference but to wet and icy to test but will give them a good try at the weekend lol but thanks for your help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of RSPs yellow coil pack for my GTR32.

It is currently running the original Nissan coil packs, so I can see why they are so expensive, 20 years old and no missfires (though I have taken them apart and cleaned & wrapped them in insulating tape).

I just thought as the engine is now being rebuilt I would renew the ignition components too.

Richard seems like a nice genuine guy, so will prob get him to map car when run in.

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts