Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Easily repaired. What I'm doing is cleaning mine up. Then resin and matting the back once I've drilled and secured it to shape so I'll need less filler work after. Once that's dried, cut some diagonal slits on the front the use some hot mix chopped strand fiberglass to fill the slits then once dry. Sand back and filler, primer then shoot colour. :)

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,659 Posts
They are £139 from knight racer new mate so that will give you idea of how to cost repair. Myki could fix it for you no problem if your not confident yourself

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TC, i have to say mate your a fountain of knowledge :)

Cheers bud. i dont think i will try it at least it can be repaired, and since i bought for 20 quid i cant complain :) might hit it in satin black like my spoiler :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If its an original part then it should be made of PE. PE can be welded and bonded. That's the route I'd go so you don't get any cracks forming over time. I'd drill the end of each crack to prevent them splitting more. Tack weld the prices in place with a soldering iron and then 'V' out the weld lines and lay some more material down with a heat gun. Mat and bond the reverse side to add some rigidity. Grind off (sand) the excess from the front and skim of filler.
Jobs done properly then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts