Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when i am driving the car and i press the clutch in quick the revs will drop and the car will stall.

Very rarely happens and it happens when both hot and cold. ANy clue what could be contributing to this.

The chap i bought it off 6 weeks ago ( who i've been informed by DVLA hasnt sent log book in GRR ) mentioned something about a screw on dump valve that needed tweaking.

Does this sound plausible as i questioned myself its a screw why didnt he do it.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi,

Its sounds like you have a none standard dump valve. there is a good thread on this site regarding dump valves, and from memory it states skylines don't like none standard dump valves so it may be correct it needs adjusting.
However mine suffered from stalling it turned out to be the idle valve full of black stuff, i cleaned it and never had the problem again.

Hope this is of some help

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i've kid of learned how to catch it - just annoying when you miss it. Will have to try and locate the idle valve. I'm more of an office rather than a grease monkey :(

Dump Valve is HKS - not sure if its a recirculating - does have some sort of screw on the back of it though. looks like a valve or something.

·
Registered
828 Posts
You may get away with compreessing the spring as much as possible on the adjuster of the dv.
Most skylines dont like them tho and your better off with the standard dump valve as it will take 450hp without probs.
Think there is a FAQ for cleaning the idle control valve on this site to.

·
Registered
770 Posts
nope it is vta, if you want to put the standard recirc bov then you can give me my hks ssqv back!!! i said was forgettin something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts