Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out under the car in the sunshine today, almost finished so though I would post some pics.....

Still got a few gauges to fit, and the NOS if I can't sell it, an HKS circle earth system and HKS 2540R turbo hopefully!

Whee........

But, what am I gonna do once I am done????

:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROTFL!

By the time I am done at this rate I will probably have to! Heaven help me if I ever have to sell the car, the thought of taking all that stuff beck off the engine and interior is quite terrifying!

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Oil Filter

Stew,
How do you manage to get the oil filter where it is instead of on the block?

Paul.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul...

Its PFM... (Pure F*****g Magic!)

Only kidding.

Speak to Tim @ SVS. Its called a Trust Moval oil filter kit. Very impressive widget goes where the filter should, with thick rubber/braided steel hoses to another widget that bolts to the inner wing, and the filter screws to it. Took about 2 hours to fit including an oil change.

Very smart bit of kit, and the adapter on the block has fittings for various Greddy gauges too, although I don't have any!

Can take some closer pics of it when I get back from work monday if you like.

Stewart

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Moval

Stew,
Would appreciate any help on fitting(for a novice) and any pics. Thanks.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries

Paul.

Off to work in half an hour so it'll have to be on Monday. The instructions are (as usual) in Japanese, and it took a bit of headscratching to work it out but I got it sussed. Shall get the car up on stand on monday and get some shots of the adapter on the block etc, and the instructions/box too.

Have a good weekend!

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Moval

Stew,
Thanks, would appreciate that. Have a good weekend also.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a quick 5 mins

free at work so what did I do? Came here of course!

It doesn't have a connection for an oil cooler, but I am sure you could just replace the supplied hoses with longer ones and hook one up!

Shall take and post pics on monday and you can all have a good look!

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Dont do what I did and add up what youve spent on modding, its a bit of a sobering experience, specially if the missus is reading over your shoulder :mad:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeez the weather is

crap here in aberdeen! Stuck in my hotel room looking at an overcast sky. Sometimes work really sucks!

Oh well.... Time to hit the bar methinks!

Buster.... Did that last week, nearly fell over!

Actually, I did, but I think that was due to the large quantities of Vino Rosso being consumed!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Tigger!

Sorry couldn't make the pub on friday for your birthday, work summoned me a bit earlier than expected! (Fascists!).

Hope you had a top night out anyways!

Got a new car plan..... Decided to replace the F-CON and S-AFC with a Greddy emanage unit (hopefully) with all the sensors etc.... Anyone got any experience of these? Looks like a well tidy bit of kit. Have to have a chat with Gary about it as he is the man who will be tuning the car, but any advice/input/experience would be welcome!

The flying scotsman (in glasgow now on my new laptop :D :D :D )

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Talk to Tim at SVS

Main UK man for GReddy & Trust. Can give you all the details, plus all the possible goodies, and can supply 'em all.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jae,

It was Tim who got me the Moval kit, and a few other bits and bobs recently. Have spoken to him about it in the past, and he highly recommends the unit. Just wondered if anyone else has any experience of it.

Shall get on the blower to him tomorrow, he wasn't in today!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...

As promised, pics are up!

They are on the 'car pictures' link of my website near the bottom.

Here is the link. Apologies if it takes a while to load on dial up, there are a lot of pics and I can't be ar**d splitting it into several pages.

Hope these help!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pics!

More pics up today!

Circle earth kit.... Love those purple and gold shiny bits!

Interior.... 3 gauges left to go in so wires everywhere! Spot the 'creative' use of a busted drivers dash vent....

:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Your a brave man Jock..... but i like it !!! do you know if the Oil filter mover kit is avail for GTiR ??? cause mine's a right Bstard to get to !!! and......

Got ne pics of the Interior lit up at night ???..... n my last Question goes to you...... Y is there a top ofa burger box painted blue stuck to the inside of your door ???

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eyore...

Cheers mate,

As far as the Oil filter Moval kit goes, I dunno if it's available for the GTiR. SPeak to Tim at SVS (www.specialvehicle.co.uk), he got me mine. RB20DET filter is a git as well, I got mine off by attacking it with a 2 foot metal bar and hammer, couldn't get a good enough grip to turn it by hand!

As far as pics of the interior lit at night go, got no decent ones yet, but shall pop out and take some tonight if I remember. Gets kinda bright in there though with everything on!

And lastly, the burger box is a knee pad on the door, there's another on the right side of the centre console too (its black still). I thought they were standard kit until tigger looked at the car and said 'oh, you've got the knee pads too!), so I presume the previous owner fitted em. Quite handy actually!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts