Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps,

Fitted me boost controller yesterday, all good, set it up for 10psi and going good, but today on the way home i turned it off to see what stock boost was, peak measured under load in 4th was 9psi?? I thaught the std actuator was 5psi?

could this just be because of induction and zorst? (still got the cat at the mo, decat still not fitted...)

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
55 Posts
Induction and exhaust have an effect, also how much preload is applied.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The stock actuator is set around 9-10psi but it uses the restrictor in the vacuum pipe (between the i/c take off and the t piece) which reduces the psi level down to the stock boost level.
By having a boost controller installed this will have eliminated the pipework and with it the restrictor so the actuator will boost to it set level of 9-10 psi.

Hope that makes sense!

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah i c! I figured the restrictor raised the boost by slowing air to the actuator...

now im a little confused! does this also mean if someone wants a nice easy rise to 9-10psi they could just place a new pipe between IC pipe and actuator? (blocking off the extra solonoid one!)

Thanks,
Dazzler

(On a diff note hopefully I will come see you and ur car on sunday mate! hear ur going to the show!, See you there!)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ah i c! I figured the restrictor raised the boost by slowing air to the actuator...

now im a little confused! does this also mean if someone wants a nice easy rise to 9-10psi they could just place a new pipe between IC pipe and actuator? (blocking off the extra solonoid one!)

Thanks,
Dazzler

(On a diff note hopefully I will come see you and ur car on sunday mate! hear ur going to the show!, See you there!)
In effect if you just took the vacuum pipe off your actuator and left it open it would boost to that level but its not recomended.
Boost controllers can only raise boost and not reduce boost below the actuators set limit.
Yeah im there saturday with Bertie Basset on the out-kast stand.If your on the ujc stand just ask Chiff with the sx200 plum coloured who i am or Ben with the black autech pulsar mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts