Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Spec2 R33 GtsT that had the steering Wheel removed and changed for an arftermarket MOMO Wheel with boss kit, the previous owner had removed Everything behind the Wheel such as the connectors for airbag and hicas and horn...
The horn button is relocated to the side of the ashtray. The only Cables that are loose is under the steering loom where i found a connector with six Cables in it.

I wonder where to put the resistor in order for the airbag light to work as normal, beliving the airbag is still in Place.

The resistor i have bought is a Luisi kit. The connector under the loom is with six Cables and i need to know wich ones to connect to...

And please remember that i have tried to black out the light with duct tape but it wasnt okay... Need to have it streetlegal with working airbaglight...

Please help quickly! :attention:

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Welcome to the forums :bigthumb:
I still never understand why people remove a massive safety feature for the sake of style :crazy:
Do a search, there have been threads previously discussing what resistor you need and where to wire it in!
Seems a tad odd... the light needs to work even if the SRS system has been removed ...why?! :eek7: lol

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
There's a trick I used to prevent / remove the airbag light on the dash..

Heres what you do... to clear the code switch the ignition on....and with in a second push the door pin switch 7 times.....this will reset it and the light will stop flashing...

Simples

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your Quick replies, but heres the deal...

In order to get the car streetlegal in Sweden, wich it hasnt since 2008..
I need to trick the system thinking the airbag in the steeringwheel is still there, the squibring and hicas unit behind the Wheel is gone by previous owner. The airbag on the passenger side is still there... So i really need to find out wich ones of the Cables in the connector under the loom is the right ones to connect to... I know about how to connect to the connectors under the steeringwheel, but since they are missing i need to go to the ext connector under the loom, als i cant reset the light until i have solved the issue since its just gonna start blinking again...

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
So even though the airbag is missing as long as the light works as it should then it will get passed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So even though the airbag is missing as long as the light works as it should then it will get passed?
I have an original steering Wheel that i Place on Before inspection, so it looks like Everything is stock... ;-)
Problem is that the squibring and the Hicas unit is missing behind the Wheel and i cant seem to find these parts in Sweden to get it back to original either...

But yes! If Everything withthe light work as normal, they wont see if there is actually an airbag in the Wheel...

We have a slight upperhand here, The Swedish inspection doesnt have Nissan Connect, they can only plug into OBD2... so they cant search my car for codes...

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
I may have the part you are requiring then as I should have a spec 2 horn airbag clock spring assembly in my tool box

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent, just took some Pictures of the connectors now and will try to post them up... It wasnt six Cables, it was two different connectors with i think five Cables in each...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just posted up some Pictures for you to better understand, where should i fit my resistor, on wich Cables?
Check my albums... cant send links here apparently?

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
I have no idea on that but ill check my box and see if I have the actual part to connect the standard wheel to and get it all working

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ended up bying a timer relay to the airbag light and new cables to it from starter current. This relay has a little timer you can set the time on, so now its set to approx five seconds yhen it kills yhe light.
Works great!

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
And I found the full thing you would need if you wished to put back to standard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts