Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking along the lines of a stage 3 hybrid turbo. Been looking at one that's good for 450bhp. Reason I was going for hybrid is because of the stock location etc. Basically less work needing done and less money.

I'd be happy with max of about 400 to be honest.

Curious as to what would be needed for this??

I'v currently got

Blitz FMIC
Blitz Sus filter
Greddy complete exhaust system.
Greddy Profec Spec II EBC

I was thinking of originally getting an Apexi Neo, but curious if this would be upto the job of controlling all this, or even if it would be possible. I was then thinking along the lines of the Emanage.

Any advice??

What would all be needed then?

I would say...

Clutch
Z32
Fuel Pump

Anything else? Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
My advice would be to create this thread in the right section ;)

I'll move it for you :)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Parts for Sale :shakehead:

:D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Turbo Dynamics stage 3 will be right up your street, all your need to add to it will be;

Clutch
Injectors
Z32 AFM
Power fc or E-manage
Fuel pump

And get it mapped for 1.2bar if you want to run more boost you'll need a 1.6mm+ head gasket.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
^^^^ what bum crack said ^^^^

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much would a stage 3 TD turbo set me back??

I can't find anything usefull on the TD website!! Also, what's the power like from one of these?

·
Registered
334 Posts
You will not see 450bhp out of a hybrid RB25 turbo. 400 at the fly will be the most you'll see. They cost around £700-900. Try rising sun or TD.

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
I recently had my standard tubby rebuilt with garett steel internals and good for 450bhp, 2.2 bar by Essex Turbo Chargers, £550 + VAT including free collection + delivery. Very fast 2 day turnaround.

Extremley pleased with company and new tubby!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
2.2 bar and only 450bhp, thats a hell lot of boost for not a lot of power + at that boost its goona create a massive amount off heat!!

I'd bet my favourite choc bar a wispa it wont make more than 1.65bar!!

I've got the stage 3 turbo dynamics turbo which is the modified R34 GTT turbo so bigger than the R33 GTS-T and i've ran it with the wastegate disconected and saw a tops of 1.64bar.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A std modded turbo will make over 400bhp, not a huge amount over though say 430bhp tops.

But it will need a fair bit of modifying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts