Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a new thread on the Nissan Stageas as there seems to be more of around. Maybe this will be useful to new owners as well as me!!!!

Things I'd like to know and I'm sure other Stagea owners too!!

Please feel free to fill in if you already have the relevant info or even ask questions for others to answer..

Brakes....Any success in sourcing stuff like pads and discs?? Or even upgrades and any things to watch out for when doing the brake conversions.

Engine.. Which version of the coilpacks is fitted to the Stagea's RB25?? Any unusual differences compared to the Skyline RB25??

Fuel Consumption...Maybe give us your spec and what you get out of your tank ;-)

Also.....Where is the washer fluid bottle?? Not sure if mine has been moved but I can't find it in the engine bay!!!

Also, heres a useful link from downunder..

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I believe some Stageas have the 4 stud wheels the same as the GTS Type S and the GTS4, also some R32T's.

If it's one of these the front discs will be 280mm, the calipers will be two pot floaters. Abbey Motorsport are conversant with the correct Nissan discs and pads, as I've had a set from them. DBA discs are also available in the standard series, part number 953 for plain discs, 953S for slotted/grooved discs. Abbey Motorsport also do these, I did the homework on the first set around 2 years ago, which they obtained to order, they now usually have them available.

You can also fit the 4 pot Nissan calipers and 5 stud 296mm discs, but the discs need redrilling for 4 stud, again Abbey can do. I believe it's possible to fit hub adaptors for 5 stud but no idea on costs. The brake upgrade will need larger wheels (I have 18" x 8.5's) to accomodate though, and braided hoses, lose the centre combined mounting block and connector and get one length.

Aitch

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice on Aitch :)

Am I correct in saying that you have the non-turbo Stagea??

Also read up from the OZ forum that the R33 GTR hubs + carriers fit on the 4WD Stageas... Ideal if you wanna save some weight, also means that you can use the R33 GTR coilover set-ups after.

I'm thinking of doing the GTS 4pot and 2 pot conversion as my discs are a bit worn on the back... Getting quotes of about 70-80 quid each for the Stagea rears. Still havent found if the Stagea fronts are available from local motor factors yet.

Will be posting up more info later

·
Chairman Stagea Owners Club
359 Posts
some info - hope its helpful

As far as I know all 4wd Stageas have 5 stud wheels and all brakes from r33 fit straight on,

If you want to fit r34gtr gold brembos fronts need smaller bolts so have the threads on the calipers done (DONT DRILL OUT THE HOLES ON THE CARRIERS)
Back one are interchangeable. You will also have to either change the back plates or cut them down as discs are much bigger (both front and rear)
Also invest in clamp for master cylinder to stop flexing (use r33 one)
You will also need new front hoses as the hose fitments are different on the stagea ( unions not threads)
I think std front brakes are the same as a nissan maxima which are available but gtr brakes are not dear so upgrade is a much better idea.

Front suspension is interchangeable with skyline but gts will be far to light use GTR .
Rears are a different shape (oval not round) and you need totally different spring rating as its an estate.
Pretty much all engine parts are the same as rb25

Exhaust is one off as car is longer and petrol tank is different, ( i have a spare std rear box if anyone needs one and some very useable discs)
When in doubt try the equivalent r33 part - nissan never made new parts when an existing one would fit.
My rb26 Stagea has finally arrived from Japan and is now registered so I will post some pics up in the next few days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts