Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm new to the this forum and don't have a Skyline at the moment. I drive a Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo, but don't hold that against me.

I'm looking to import a September 1998 Stagea RS-Four turbo but I understand that a test certificate to show that it complies with ESVA standards is needed.

Has anyone imported one of these and what was needed to get it SVA tested.

I do know that the Km to miles converstion and a rear fog lamp is needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

Jimbo:feedback:

·
Chairman Stagea Owners Club
359 Posts
Bubble said:
There is a guy over on GTROC that has a couple of these, so it might be a good idea to post the same question there:)
Bit of a coincidence but I have just read the post so....

First the bad news - there is no model report for any stagea in existence anywhere,This meand that the only way to get a 1998 stagea into the uk is to do the sva test as a one off ( like a r34 gtr) Cost lots of thousands of pounds,
You can import a 1996 car easily enough as long as it is over 10 years old it just needs an MOT.
The two I have are 1996 and needed an SVA because they came in before they were 10 years old. However for 1996 cars they only have to be std to pass (I had to change loads of bits over to get the second one passed as it has lots of mods) This changes for 1997 on which need the model report untill 10 years old.
I will be selling the standard one in a couple of weeks so pm if you are interested,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies. It's as I thought. I have priced up a one off model test and this would cost approx £2200 but if I had it registered in my name then I could hire it out to anyone wishing to import the same model under 10 years old. This would make the import of the car I had in mind a bit more expensive but may still be worth it.

A

·
0 Posts
jimbo-TT said:
Many thanks for the replies. It's as I thought. I have priced up a one off model test and this would cost approx £2200 but if I had it registered in my name then I could hire it out to anyone wishing to import the same model under 10 years old. This would make the import of the car I had in mind a bit more expensive but may still be worth it.
if it could be made to pass, there is always a chance it will not, the 97 R33 would not pass and it wasn't for lack of trying :shakehead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts