Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2001 skyline 300gt and its always had a hard starting issue, but it ran fine. then it stopped starting so i took it to nissan, they said the right camshaft sensor wasn't plugged in and the left one failed. they replaced the left one and plugged the right one back in but on the ride home the car began to stall out when you were going under 2000rpms. took it back and they said just to leave the right sensor unplugged, which i did, so long crank but runs fine. i bought a new right hand side sensor and replaced in case the sensor was causing it to stall, ran it and it still stalls out with both of those replaced, so now I'm back at square one with 1 plugged in and long crank but runs fine otherwise, where do i go from here?

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Did Nissan not run a full diagnostic check for error codes? Leaving a sensor unplugged as a fix is not the way to go, and I would suspect there is another issue, is it only cold crank that take a long time to start or all the time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did Nissan not run a full diagnostic check for error codes? Leaving a sensor unplugged as a fix is not the way to go, and I would suspect there is another issue, is it only cold crank that take a long time to start or all the time?
Nissan checked, they said it was just a bunch of camshaft codes
And wether its hot or cold doesn't matter it still takes ages for it to crank over

·
If in doubt...
KH3 ECR33
325 Posts
Sounds like a stretched timing chain to me my man. Mismatched cam/crank angle sensor readings usually give this exact fault description. You can verify by using an oscilloscope and comparing the cam and crank sensor signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts