Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got hold of some 2nd hand shocks and springs from a member on here.

Standard Nissan Shocks (only a year old with very low mileage)
Whiteline Lowering springs

Now the gaiters on the fronts are shot and apparently the rubber mounts at the top could do with replacing. Can I buy these from Nissan? What do I ask for?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pass. I think its the large rubber piece at the top. The guy I bought them from said it was a possible MOT fail? I can send you pictures if that helps. Thought you guys would probably stock this kinda of thing.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
get all the bits you need from conceptua

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I will just checking out there Ebay page and they do what I need but for the rears. I presume gaiters and bump stops etc will require the Whiteline springs to come off? Was hoping to give the full set to a local garage and get them to fit it all then have geometry done etc.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thats one part that I can see needs replacing but think its something to do with the top mount? Would that be right? I'll take some pictures of them and post.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture above which I've stunningly highlighted shows the 2 parts I think need replacing which would be dust boot and ?

Basically I want to get the suspension in tip top nic before I get it fitted.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i know nissan want £30.01 just for ONE of the bump stops,and they dont have them in stock in the uk.and would be 3wks delivery.i got both bump stops and dust boots from conceptua for £24.99,delivered next day.but cant comment as its still knocking,so fooked strut!!!!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thats a posibility but my shocks are nearly 15 years old so expecting them to be in poor overall condition. Will get the bump stops and boots from Conceptua and see what they say about the top mounts? Cheers

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i thought maybe my top mount was fooked but cant see a bearing in them unless i didnt study hard enough lol.i had my strut on off on off double checkin it,im now swithering on the kyb,s from conceptua tuning and just use my lowering springs,aparently theyre 20% stiffer than standard shocks

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think for fast road use with none of the hardness of coil overs that KYB Uprated with lowering springs is probably a very good set up.

I like the standard feel but thought with very low mileage shocks and quality whiteline kit would certainly feel sharper.

Conceptua are looking into the top mount part for me and I will be ordering the dust boots later today. Your knocking could be the perished rubber donut at the top as that would mean the spring would be knocking against the top mount I guess?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah I see. Well I know very little about suspension but have Conceptua on the case so will know more. Could it be something loose or broken at the hub end, like worn bushes etc?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts