Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
in love with the twins
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wifes just got r32 gtst (rb20det) think the starter motors dying, its a ***** to start 1st thing in the morning,just clicks and it trys to go then on about the 4th try it starts then is fine thoughout the rest off the day. question is does if have to be a starter from a r32 gtst or will a gtr,or r33 gtst or gtr motor fit

·
Registered
40 Posts
sure its not the battery? try starting it with jumper cables on the first try in the morning.
if still assholing 4 times a row, maybe a refurbish of the starter motor (or replacement) will be helpful.

dunnow if you can exchange starter motors from rb25's though

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
yep all rb twin cam starters are the same :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know much about starter motors on skylines as never had a problem with mine. I have had the exact same problem as you on a newish ford a few months back and swapped it over with a brand new starter. Still had the same problem.

Ended up being a solenoid which was replaced and has worked fine since. If you still get the same problem it would be worth seeing if the skyline has something like this (solenoid). Just a thought m8. Good luck anyways.

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
I don't know much about starter motors on skylines as never had a problem with mine. I have had the exact same problem as you on a newish ford a few months back and swapped it over with a brand new starter. Still had the same problem.

Ended up being a solenoid which was replaced and has worked fine since. If you still get the same problem it would be worth seeing if the skyline has something like this (solenoid). Just a thought m8. Good luck anyways.
the solonoid is on the starter mate and when you replace the starter it gets replaced as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts