Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get my steering rack refurbished, any recommendations on places to try?

Or if anyone knows of any 350's being scrapped?

pepsi..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Need to get my steering rack refurbished, any recommendations on places to try?

Or if anyone knows of any 350's being scrapped?

pepsi..
Hi mate i got my steering rack refurbed in birmingham. I think i paid around £90. I was trying to narrow down a knock noise so ended up replacing most bits. It wasnt the steering rack at the end.

do you have anything specifically wrong with your rack?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've just sent my power steering pump off to jelly bray steering in Cornwall. I spoke to the chap a few days back he seemed very genuine and was very reassuring that it would be properly flow tested and repaired etc with a year no quibbles warranty

Family owned business too.

Just google search them they repair steering racks too but would pay to phone him the bloke is called Len

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate i got my steering rack refurbed in birmingham. I think i paid around £90. I was trying to narrow down a knock noise so ended up replacing most bits. It wasnt the steering rack at the end.

do you have anything specifically wrong with your rack?
I have an annoying knock coming from the car. Mechanic assures me it the steering rack.

pepsi..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would advise to do a thorough check to confirm. I had went through 3 different mechanics, kwik fit shaker plates lookong and inspecting my car when i had a knock noise all giving me different diagnosis and opinions. I ended replacing many bits but did the check myself properly to find the root cause

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would advise to do a thorough check to confirm. I had went through 3 different mechanics, kwik fit shaker plates lookong and inspecting my car when i had a knock noise all giving me different diagnosis and opinions. I ended replacing many bits but did the check myself properly to find the root cause

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
What did u find to be your problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts