Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK o wise ones, has anyone any experience of fitting an aftermarket steering wheel? Any problems to be aware of, difficulty obtaining adaptor boss, horn button, beating of the old one etc. My original is as shiny as a very shiny thing and is a nightmare now. Any advertisers on here sell steering wheels
Thanks in anticipation

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I am going to be the first with a Momo wheel then :D If any one is interested I will tell you how much of a larf it is to do later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Buster, I have a Nismo steering wheel. Had it fitted, but don't think it was too much hassle. The wheel is fantastic (very small, particularly in comparison to the enormous standard wheel), steering responses feel much better, and its much more tactile than the standard wheel. The downside is that there is no airbag.

I'd still be interested to find out if someone like snap-off do a removable wheel (like on the Lotus Elise) as this increases security of the car no end! and the wheels are usually made by Momo. Anyone know the answer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
HI fellas,

i dont know about fitting the boss kits and what not, but as far as the snap of thing goes, it is just an attachment to the boss kit i believe. you whack it on the front and fit an adaptor to the old steering wheel and away you go, with the steering wheel aswell i suppose

-Reece-

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Air bag

Again, sorry Buster. My R33 came with a Nissan Momo steering wheel fitted & certificated in japan. The only problem was with the air bag sensor & light which had been a consistent problem for the entire life of the vehicle until Abbey reset it correctly for me.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all ,good stuff, that link was very usefull. Maybe I will go for the Allegro square wheel just to be different :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reece, the snap-on wheels are not as simple as you state. The wheel itself is modified so that it fits the boss (couple of clip type things are required on the back of the wheel to allow it to lock onto the boss), therefore a whole kit would need to be bought. its not as simple as buying a snap-on boss kit for the wheel already on the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts