Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i'm new to Skylines i was wondering the above? Is there a definitive order to follow, while still keeping the car driveable day to day.

Was thinking the usual de-cat and downpipe to begin with, but what next? Are induction kits worth bothering with as I found the standard airbox on my WRX to be way better than most!!

Ideally want around 350bhp to end up with....

Cheers, Gav :notworthy

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I'd do it in this order;

1) downpipe
2)de-cat
3) Cat back section
4) induction kit
5) good plugs
6) boost controller set to 0.80bar
7) Front mount intercooler
8) Power fc/ Greddy e-manage mapped along with a GTR fuel pump.

Somewhere along the line you might need a set of coil packs if yours arent up to the job.

That will get you 330bhp to go more than that your need a hybrid turbo, Z32 AFM and a set of 555cc injectors and a clutch as everything maxes out at abut the same time, but set that up to 1.2bar you should make 400ish bhp.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not forgetting the fact that your injectors were rated 330's when new, so you might want to wang some 555's in :) (z32 AFM wouldn't hurt either)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I'd do it in this order;

1) downpipe
2)de-cat
3) Cat back section
4) induction kit
5) good plugs
6) boost controller set to 0.80bar
7) Front mount intercooler
8) Power fc/ Greddy e-manage mapped along with a GTR fuel pump.

Somewhere along the line you might need a set of coil packs if yours arent up to the job.

That will get you 330bhp to go more than that your need a hybrid turbo, Z32 AFM and a set of 555cc injectors and a clutch as everything maxes out at abut the same time, but set that up to 1.2bar you should make 400ish bhp.
My next step is injectors, Z32/Q45 and emanage as ive got the rest done already with a SAFC2 setup.

Cant wait :dogpile:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Japspeed downpipe and turbo elbow all in one seems very popular!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response guys...just have to wait an see what the car has actually had done already when it gets to the UK, then let the work commence!!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts