Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the next month im going to need some white back grounds for numbers on my doors.... now i know nothing about vinyl stickers.. so a few questions...

do they come off pretty easy without leaving marks?

would leaving a white square on my door all summer leave a noticable diferance in how the paints faded due to the sunlight ( we might get some )?

should i just get some white magnetic rubber squares instead ?

cheers

·
Registered
500 Posts
They come off pretty easy bud, even easier if you put a bit of heat on them. (hairdryer/heat gun) any residue you can use either tar and glue remover or even a bit of petrol put the heat gun away first though! :D

Might get a very slight bit of a difference in paint color depending on what color, but nothing a good wax wouldn't sort out.

Would be careful with magnetic ones in case the wind gets under them and rips them off :)!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that bud..

i was worried abou the magnetic ones comming off.. there fine for vans doing 70mph i guess but not sure how they would cope with 120+

cars 15 years old now and still on its origianal paint (burgundy) so i recon its probably done most of its fading already.

do you know anyone who supplys plain white vinyl ? are there diferant grades or types? ones to avoid ect?

cheers

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cheers keith ill get in touch with them then. hopefully ill have them on for the nw meet on the 29th.. allready been sent the championship stckers that need to be on each side of the car for points to be awarded, so i figured id stick these at the top of the white squares and have the numbers underneath..then i only need to get the white vinyl off at the end of summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts