Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so got a call of mgt today to say that they fitted n wired up the z32 and the car is still misfiring at 5000rpm so he is gunna fit a new set of coil packs to see if it clears the problem but what on earth could cause this? as its had new plugs soon to have new coilpacks and if that doesnt solve it he is gunna check the coilpack harness

would this hybrid turbo i fitted cause it as im totally bamboozled about this and im totally missing my r33 now :-(

·
seeking to be one of thee top DE+t conversions
1,523 Posts
i know its had a remap, but i take it they have adjusted all the timing and that

·
seeking to be one of thee top DE+t conversions
1,523 Posts
i have a wasted spark setup too, could be coilpacks...you never know

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still on stock coils? What mileage they done? Stock ones tend to give up on stage 1 tune (circa 320hp). Your goin for hybrid turbo 400 odd??
well i havent changed them since i bought the car so there sticking new 1's on tommorrrow, and yeah i got a hybrid tubby rated to 450bhp but im wondering if this could be a problem

·
Administrator
25,947 Posts
turbo is not the problem

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Still on stock coils? What mileage they done? Stock ones tend to give up on stage 1 tune (circa 320hp). Your goin for hybrid turbo 400 odd??
no they dont bud,my old gtr was fine on stock coils at 440 bhp at 1 bar,its age related more than anything

·
8,249 Posts
well i havent changed them since i bought the car so there sticking new 1's on tommorrrow, and yeah i got a hybrid tubby rated to 450bhp but im wondering if this could be a problem
i would bet its one of 3 things,either coil/coils,plug/plugs or the loom,5k is the switching point of the nvcs system and this is where most missfires occur

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would bet its one of 3 things,either coil/coils,plug/plugs or the loom,5k is the switching point of the nvcs system and this is where most missfires occur
well ok i hope to god that the new packs fixs this fault as i getting annoyed lol

·
Cambridgeshire
1,604 Posts
predator is your car spec 2?

the spec 1 coils and gtr coils (both the same) in my opinion are better..

the spec 2 coil with the ignitor inside just are all old and scabby now and riddle cars with problems.

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
predator is your car spec 2?

the spec 1 coils and gtr coils (both the same) in my opinion are better..

the spec 2 coil with the ignitor inside just are all old and scabby now and riddle cars with problems.
oh martin its a spec 1 car with a spec 2 engine, mgt told me this as the 1 owner when car was imported it blew the original engine, so a new engine was fitted but i didnt know it was a spec 2 until i went to them last friday so now the coilpacks are different???? didnt know that

·
8,249 Posts
oh martin its a spec 1 car with a spec 2 engine, mgt told me this as the 1 owner when car was imported it blew the original engine, so a new engine was fitted but i didnt know it was a spec 2 until i went to them last friday so now the coilpacks are different???? didnt know that
its a 1.5 then,i have had two

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WELL i got some good news and some bad news todaythey fitted some coilpacks and hey presto it cured they mis-fireing now down to the bad news, after 4 runs the flipping hybrid turbo i bought gave up the ghost and the compressor failed. now im seriously pissed off now as the seller of the hybrid said its only done about 7 k since it was fitted to the engine it came from. its only being fitted to my car 2 weeks b4fore i booked it into mgt so there was no flooring the car as i wanted the turbo to bed in again as i didnt know how long it was stood for

now mgt have said that its being going for along time as he noticed that during the setting up it would boost at 0.5bar then would boost at 1.2 so he also suspected that the wasted gate was seizing abit too but he now tells me that this turbo was faulty but when i checked the shafts there was now play in it but to be told thatwith it being internal fault i wouldnt have know or felt it.

now if i wanted to get it reconned it would cost me another £600-£700 +vat to get the turbo re-conned i tell you im so angry at this ****..........

1 - 20 of 46 Posts